Rubber. Ducky. Isopods.

Syreptyon

Chameleon Enthusiast
My local reptile store came through in a big way when I stopped by for crickets yesterday. They have a truly incredible selection of isopods in general (dozens of different types), but the last time I'd been in I casually mentioned rubber duckies. Yesterday, the employee who breeds the isos flagged me down and told me they got RDs in! I haven't even been able to find these in stock online anywhere, so I was thoroughly shocked to see them.

Expensive buggers at $15/isopod, but it was a rare opportunity (especially without needing to ship them) so I let myself buy a trio. And don't tell anyone, but after checking my receipt, I may or may not have only been charged for one of them ;) Dunno their sexes, so hopefully they breed eventually. I plan on getting more in a week or two if they still have them. Shame that they're slow-growers and produce very small "litters," but even if nothing else they're an adorable critter to have on hand.

I'll try to get some better pics, but here are a few for starters
IMG_2953.jpeg IMG_2971.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2971.jpeg
    IMG_2971.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 245
Put me on your list for someday when you have them reproducing! Lol

Will do! Hopefully I can get their numbers up before they become more common and affordable :LOL:

Wish I could put them in with one of my chams as part of the cleanup crew, but they're too precious to risk getting eaten haha. I'm looking for a nice streamlined enclosure so I can keep them in something that looks nice

Will do! Hopefully I can get their numbers up before they become more common and affordable :LOL:

Wish I could put them in with one of my chams as part of the cleanup crew, but they're too precious to risk getting eaten haha. I'm looking for a nice streamlined enclosure so I can keep them in something that looks nice

Once you have them reproducing enough I'm sure you could add some to your enclosures.

I first saw them in one of Serpa Design's video, awesome dude btw. And I thought they are really expensive.

Back
Top Bottom