Rs400 mister

What type of chameleon? Check the care sheets for the recommended humidity levels and experiment with different times. Some chameleons will actively drink while the misting is going on, but others (like mine :rolleyes:) will run for cover. Just for a starting point, I mist about 4 - 5 times a day for my veiled. Each session is for 30 - 45 seconds. I don't mist late in the day so the enclosure dries out before lights out.

I mist 3 times a day, but with a mistking. 4 hours in between mistings i find is good for me to allow it to dry out in between.

I also have a dripper going all day during lights on hours.

It depends on your chameleon and if you have a draining system, which I don't. Because I have no draining system, I have less of misting duration.

I have my mister on for about 8s every two hours. So it sprays about six times a day.

Chameleons need 2 minutes of misting as a general rule to stimulate drinking. My boy gets four times a day for two minutes. I have no drainage system and I have no problems. I could probably add more mistings if I thought Ryker needed it, however he is doing just fine with four and that is one more than most people do.

This is highly dependent on your local humidity and your species of chameleon. They all will need an extended misting session or shower about once a week to stimulate self cleaning behaviors. I don't see mine drink unless the misters on for around 5 mins so I have one 8 minute midday misting for hydration plus 1-2 minute sessions in morning and afternoon if humidity is dropping to low. I don't use an additional dropper and the drainage bucket catches about a gallon a week, the majority will water plants or evaporate.

What type of chameleon? Check the care sheets for the recommended humidity levels and experiment with different times. Some chameleons will actively drink while the misting is going on, but others (like mine :rolleyes:) will run for cover. Just for a starting point, I mist about 4 - 5 times a day for my veiled. Each session is for 30 - 45 seconds. I don't mist late in the day so the enclosure dries out before lights out.
I have a veild chameleon thanks for thr advice

Back
Top Bottom