rotten tail update

tigger

hi
just thought id let you all know after trying to find another vet that knows anything about reptiles to no avail i just left her alone except to put polysporin on her tail to get rid of any infection and as of yesterday her tail just fell off.
i am still putting on the poly but she seems to be fine. minus the few falls she has had due to no tail.
again thanks for all your advise
glen

here are some pics

i still plan on taking her to the vet when he gets back from holidays.
here are the pics the first is before. she is in a bird cage to prevent the falls she had in the screen cage. more to hold on to.

Attachments

• IMG_0811.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0819.jpg
    IMG_0819.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 93
I'm afraid I cannot offer any advice in this situation, but just had to say that's such a shame :(

That being said, I've read of chameleon's who have had far worse problems (not to belittle your problem at all!) and gone on to lead good, long lives with the appropriate care.

Best of luck! :)

There is another member who has a beautiful chameleon that is missing a good portion of its tail and her chameleon is doing ok . I would still keep looking for a vet even though you may have to drive a far distance. When is your vet coming back? I wouldn't wait too long. The end looks infected to me, and putting on neosporin may not be enough. She probably should be on an oral anitbiotic so it does not spread further.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom