Rostral scab?

Beppo

Chameleon Enthusiast
Today when I was letting Jeb out of his enclosure, I noticed what looks like a scab on his Rostral, he did just go through a shed, however this looks like it’s got black on it … just wondered if anyone had any experience with this or if it looks concerning and I should take him to a vet.
This was the best picture I was able to capture of it.

Attachments

• IMG_2793.png
    IMG_2793.png
    903.6 KB · Views: 45
I am not seeing anything major... And the area does not look swollen or infected. Could just be from him rubbing to get shed off. I would keep an eye on it but if it was me I would not take to a vet just yet.

I am not seeing anything major... And the area does not look swollen or infected. Could just be from him rubbing to get shed off. I would keep an eye on it but if it was me I would not take to a vet just yet.
Ok! Thank you! I’ll continue to keep an eye on it

Today when I was letting Jeb out of his enclosure, I noticed what looks like a scab on his Rostral, he did just go through a shed, however this looks like it’s got black on it … just wondered if anyone had any experience with this or if it looks concerning and I should take him to a vet.
This was the best picture I was able to capture of it.
My Cham has this as well. she has scabs on her nose from trying to get out of her old enclosure. :( poor girl was fully grown with a 18x20 enclosure when I got her 😕

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 45
My Cham has this as well. she has scabs on her nose from trying to get out of her old enclosure. :( poor girl was fully grown with a 18x20 enclosure when I got her 😕
Oh no! Well at least you have her now and are giving her what she needs ☺️ Jebs in a standard 2 by 2 by 4 and I made a free range and ever since then he is always wanting out… so that’s probably exactly how he got this

Oh no! Well at least you have her now and are giving her what she needs ☺️ Jebs in a standard 2 by 2 by 4 and I made a free range and ever since then he is always wanting out… so that’s probably exactly how he got this
I don’t think it’s nothing to worry about to to much. as long as they’re proper distance from their lights and you check on there nose every once in a while to make sure it doesn’t get infected or anything. Im not an expert by any means but I think it’ll be alright! Also do you mind checking out my post? I’d really appreciate your opinions and feedback! Thank you so much beppo! Have a good a day! <3

Back
Top Bottom