Rope vs. Vines

Little Hat

Hi Everyone,

In my current setup I have fake vines and they are showing some wear/tear. I was looking around in the woods behind my house and couldn't really find any vines. Has anyone ever tried utilizing rope for vines? If so, what type of rope?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

In my current setup I have fake vines and they are showing some wear/tear. I was looking around in the woods behind my house and couldn't really find any vines. Has anyone ever tried utilizing rope for vines? If so, what type of rope?

Thanks

Use kernmantle rope it wont get moldy

Kernmantle

I've never heard this word before - what is it and where do you find it? Is it generally used for something specific, like boats or horse leads or something?

they are ropes that are used as safety lines for the fire departments and other agencies that have to do rescue jobs. It is also used it rappelling. Basically it is a highly resistant rope that is made for climbing in the extreme situations

grape vines

Also, I've seen in other posts mentioning grape vines, do you mean like grapevines, like from a winery kind of thing? Cause I am surrounded by vineyards, I wonder if they'd have trimmings for me....

thats the stuff..although the grapevines you find at a pet shop ( 50 bucks for a two inch peice, lol) are sandblasted and bleached in a boiling water solution....give it a try..grape vine is the best looking at least...

Back
Top Bottom