Romeo the Sambava 1/2 sleeping!

carol5208

Chameleon Enthusiast
oops! He was just going to sleep and we woke him!
DSCN0008.jpg

Yeah amazing how light sleepers they are. It's hard to get good sleeping pics without waking my guy. Your guy has cool sleeping colors, mine is just starting to get color while sleeping (tho I kind of miss his white "pj's")

So SO pretty! Hugh is such a HEAVY sleeper... I can probably go in and shake his tree and he'll stay asleep.

Romeo is awesome as always!:D

What a handsome man!

My Sambava is also a light sleeper and wakes up as soon as the light is on or if he feels a vibration. He doesn't always open his eyes at first, but he starts changing back to his day colors and moves his eyes a bit. My veiled sleeps like a log! I can gently open his little feeties and put them on my hand and he stays asleep! He won't wake up until I start walking with him on my hand. :D

Here's Leo, Romeo's brother, also sleeping. The first pic is what he normally looks like, and the second is how he darkens up a bit from the flash hitting him! These are from two consecutive nights.

100_4137-2.jpg

100_4136-1.jpg

While he does have similar coloration, it looks to me like his reds aren't as solid, and he has some red polka dots that Romeo doesn't have. Also his eyes are a bit more red than Romeo's. They both come from some good Poncho stock!

Again do I have to say it?:rolleyes:

At this rate I mite considering working on sambavas when I'm older:p

Stuart, thanks for posting the pics of Romeo's bro!! I see some similarities but differences also. I guess that is what makes them all so unique. I love Leo's red eye! One thing I think is very cool on Romeo is his back where his spikes are, is blue! It is like that day and night and sometimes more than others. I want to ask Liddy about that if any of her other Sambava's have that. They all have the blue lateral line but I have not seen too many with the blue spikes.

So SO pretty! Hugh is such a HEAVY sleeper... I can probably go in and shake his tree and he'll stay asleep.

Romeo is awesome as always!:D

What a handsome man!

My Sambava is also a light sleeper and wakes up as soon as the light is on or if he feels a vibration. He doesn't always open his eyes at first, but he starts changing back to his day colors and moves his eyes a bit. My veiled sleeps like a log! I can gently open his little feeties and put them on my hand and he stays asleep! He won't wake up until I start walking with him on my hand. :D

I guess what that say about assuming is true! I just assumed being a light sleeper was a chameleon thing. anything more than the light from my phone will wake mine.

I guess they're like people in that way, I could sleep through a storm while a pin drop will wake my mom (well used to when I lived at home)

Back
Top Bottom