Rolling Aluminum Stands for Chameleon cages (Feedback) requested

Cham King

Hello guys were looking for some feedback here to see if this is worth us moving foward on. First off we are a reptile caging company many of you may already know of us as Repti-racks. Were also have a passion for Panther chameleons and the biggest part of keeping them for us was the proper set ups and stands that can be mobile. To move them indoors and outdoors easy that wont rust.
We are designing some very light weight black anodized aluminum stands for chameleon cages of our own that will be on dual wheel castors.

We are looking for feedback if this is something everyone would like to see come to market as it can be done.
They can be designed around all cage sizes from all manufactures of screen caging. We can do multi units to house several cages on top and cages on bottom with eye hooks for hanging light fixtures. We can also do single or DBL stands and any height stands. Basicly you think it we can do it big or small and will ship at low costs being it breaks down and ships like a UV flourscent bulb would ship. Super simple to assemble with your eyes closed almost its that easy.

Please comment back and give us your thoughts.

Thanks

That sounds like something that would solve several problems for me. I ve been using a microwave cart with casters. I like it but I dont want to have to buy 5 more of them. lol Cant wait for more info. I need some that will hold two 4x2 cages.

stands

Thanks for the feedback, A stand for 2 cages could be done in 2 ways not a problem. Cage on top and one on bottom or 1 stand for each all on wheels of coarse.

Aluminum is quite expensive compared to other materials typically, do you have a picture of the stock you are using?

One challenge to address is, will the water reservoir and collection buckets have a place on the rack, so you can activate the watering system when it is outside?

Give us a link to your other cages.....interesting idea.:D

Nick

Are you thinking of making something like a bird cage stand that has wheels on the bottom? For example: http://source-www.petco.com/assets/product_images/4/4258380014B.jpg

I think that is a good idea, but the viability of selling it would all boil down to how much it cost. When you have several chameleons Vs 1 chameleon it’s not hard to pick up a cage and plop it outside, however if you have 2-3-4 ECT, a rolling option would be welcome for many people me thinks. A lot of chameleon keepers here use the bakers racks to roll cages around on. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

could u do 2 cages side by side with a lower rack for drainage/spplies? Im trying to keep the bottom of my cages at least 20" off the ground.

stands

Thanks all for your thoughts so far. Right now were just getting feedback if this is something people would want for their caging needs. We can design this anyway shape or form. So yes we can make something for drainage etc.
Pricing not yet determined but we can do something simple as a single stand to a wall unit housing several cages in one system.

www.repti-racks.com
www.youtube.com/reptiracks

screen cage stands

We are first trying to see if their is any interest in a screen caging stand to house 1 or more cages on thats mobile for chameleon keepers. After we determine whether its something most will benifit from,we will start another thread on thoughts such as what most use for light fixtures and such so we can design something that willl allow you to attach them and also touch on color,sizes,multi unit housing system etc. This design we have can be customized to fit any need.

We too have used all types of things to hold screen cages on and none suited our needs just right for what we look for. We wanted it to hold our cages and lighting, but also be easy to move around and look good in our home.

Thanks for all your thoughts,keep them coming.

I have mine on a rolling cart with casters. So, yes, I think there's a need for a good rolling cart designed for chameleons. I will say that the casters on mine are a weak point. Now...that might be because I keep mine in a carpeted room, which might be extremely strange....or might not, based on a lot of the pictures I've seen. Fully rotating wheels with a locking ability (like rolling walkers or wheelchairs) would be preferable....the "build it yourself" system I got didn't have that option.

What a timely thread. I am getting 6 racks at Sam's Club this weekend. They come with 5 shelves but I will use 3 max. They are on wheels and easy to move. I think the are about 75 h 48 wide and 18 deep, that is a guess based on what I remember. They are only $80 each. They are wayyyyyy heavy, these could never be shipped.

I am heading in the direction you are heading but I need to get there soon.:)

rack

Hello, the wheels were going to offer will be dual wheels with a 150LB load. We can also offer them with a brake if this is what most want and they move on carpet super easy for us but each senerio maybe differant.

What were designing will allow the bottom of a cage to be open with nothing under it like a shelf and the frame of that cage will lock onto the metal stand frame. Allowing for drainage hook ups.

stands

Im currently lookinf for feedback to whether this is something we can offer to everyone. BUT i can make them at anytime. JUST contat us.

sounds like a great idea and would be really useful but again as chad mentioned havin a few ita depend on pricing....

Will there be hook-up areas for a dripper and misting system? As well as an area to store drainage?

If it had that, I would be willing to pay 50$ give or take 10 or 15.

That'd be awesome.

Any pictures?
What cage sizes would be availible.

Thanks for all your replies still looking for if their is any further interest.

I'm definitely interested. I have two young panthers that will be outgrowing their enclosure soon. So, something like what you described seems to be needed in the near future.

I think I speak for everyone when I say,"pics please :D"! Atleast example shots...I mean I bought my chameleons because of visual appeal. I'm sold usually after seeing something I like, not reading about it. But from what your saying the functionality and convenience of a product like this is goin to keep my eye on this thread. ;)

Back
Top Bottom