Rocking Motion?

theresaintucson

I noticed sometimes that my ambilobe, Kraken, rocks sometimes when he's perched on a branch in his cage. Does anyone know what this kind of behavior means?

Hi. I dont currently own a panther chameleon but I do own a Veiled Chameleon who does somewhat the same thing. Sometimes when somebody or something big comes near his cage he rocks back and forth until he can hang on the other side of the branch to hide himself. Some chameleons also do it to blend in with their enviroment(moving leaves in the wild). Hope this helps

--1.0 Veiled Chameleon "Yemi"

I noticed sometimes that my ambilobe, Kraken, rocks sometimes when he's perched on a branch in his cage. Does anyone know what this kind of behavior means?

My panther sometimes does this as well, it is usually due to the fact I am trying to slowly get to his cage without freaking him out. I have seen him do this as well when my Standard poodles enter my sitting room (which are very well behaved, and not rambunctious in the house). :)

I was going to say that he had his back to me, but DUH....of course he could see me. I just put some crickets in his cage. He looks like he's rocking just before he shoots his tongue.

I was going to say that he had his back to me, but DUH....of course he could see me. I just put some crickets in his cage. He looks like he's rocking just before he shoots his tongue.

I think you have solved your question. Just move slowly, most likely he will still do it, or eventually get used to seeing you the huge scary human coming to his cage lol:D I hope mine gets use to it :rolleyes:

They do that even when no one is watching sometimes. It's an instinct to blend in with moving leaves and branches as someone above said. Any movement sticks out already so it's an attempt to be less obvious. Totally normal behavior!

Back
Top Bottom