Roaches, Roaches, Roaches!!

A year ago I had 50 adult female red runners and 10 males. Now I have several thousands nymphs and adults and I discard hundreds of egg cases a month and also cull the males. And I only feed two reptiles, a hedgehog and 3 tarantulas. I also have a large dubia colony consisting of 400+ adult females.

I think I might go into insect protein cuisine.

My red runner eggs are starting to hatch! My goal is to have them as a main staple feeder vs crickets. Does anyone feed mainly roaches vs crickets? And what is your experience with keeping the colony under control? I don’t want an infestation lol. Thanks in advance!
I have 5,000 plus Red Runners, here are some pointers. Get the Sterlite Gasket Box, nothing escapes, you can find them at Target. When harvesting, have a larger bin to work in so escapes don't get away. Use a feeder cup to contain them in your chameleon enclosure. Regarding infestation, I don't think they are any worse than crickets escaping, which chirp for a few weeks. I spilled 200 of all sizes, and my bug room is 76 degrees, but never saw any Red Runners in my office area which is attached to my bug room with a door that has a one inch gap at the bottom.

CHEERS!

Nick

I have 5,000 plus Red Runners, here are some pointers. Get the Sterlite Gasket Box, nothing escapes, you can find them at Target. When harvesting, have a larger bin to work in so escapes don't get away. Use a feeder cup to contain them in your chameleon enclosure. Regarding infestation, I don't think they are any worse than crickets escaping, which chirp for a few weeks. I spilled 200 of all sizes, and my bug room is 76 degrees, but never saw any Red Runners in my office area which is attached to my bug room with a door that has a one inch gap at the bottom.

CHEERS!
Nick
Hey Nick! These are your red runners lol! I hope I don’t end up with 5000! Lol :D

Back
Top Bottom