Roaches besides dubias?

PlanetRemulak

Avid Member
Here’s a pic of Beau freshly shed, showing a bit of his ambilobe side, wondering why I’m shoving my phone in his face AND forcing him to eat nothing but boring dubias today (he did get some black soldier flies and a hornworm earlier).

89D25E6B-D113-41E8-BAF6-2EB87FB891BC.jpeg

A bit unrelated to the question I had, but I’m not about to turn down an opportunity to show off my new baby 😁

ANYWAY. Beau will eat dubias, if that’s all that’s left. I get the distinct feeling that he’s going to continue to give me crap about this until he’s outright turning his nose up at them. I’m hearing a lot lately about chameleons growing bored with dubias or simply not liking the way they taste (haven’t tried any myself so I wouldn’t know). I was wondering what other species of roach - beyond surinams, I have some on the way - anyone here has found their own chams seem to enjoy eating? I’m not writing off crickets entirely, but in general I’d prefer not to rely on them as a staple. My past experience with crickets has been that they are loud, smelly and tend to die off easily.

Thank you!

Discoid move more than dubias, red runners and green bananas always get a great feeding responses, and orange and ivory headed roaches are great, too! I also have cave, peppered, and horseshoe crab roaches, as well!
Wow, how did you manage to amass such a collection/where do you buy?? I’ll definitely look into these!

I was about to ask the same 😆. I’ve seen green bananas but only on backwater. I don’t know if buying feeders from them is a good idea.
Seriously! and even if your bugs arrived safely/were proven safe to feed off, I wouldn’t want to do business with Backwater just because 🙁

I’ve bought from Full Throttle Feeders, Rainbow Mealworms, Cape Cod Roaches (wouldn’t recommend personally), @jamest0o0 , TC Insects, and probably a few other places as well.
Thank you for this!! @jamest0o0 just shipped some bugs out for me, but I may have to bother him for some more fairly soon..
I’ll check out the other places you mentioned too!

Here’s a pic of Beau freshly shed, showing a bit of his ambilobe side, wondering why I’m shoving my phone in his face AND forcing him to eat nothing but boring dubias today (he did get some black soldier flies and a hornworm earlier).

View attachment 308109
A bit unrelated to the question I had, but I’m not about to turn down an opportunity to show off my new baby 😁

ANYWAY. Beau will eat dubias, if that’s all that’s left. I get the distinct feeling that he’s going to continue to give me crap about this until he’s outright turning his nose up at them. I’m hearing a lot lately about chameleons growing bored with dubias or simply not liking the way they taste (haven’t tried any myself so I wouldn’t know). I was wondering what other species of roach - beyond surinams, I have some on the way - anyone here has found their own chams seem to enjoy eating? I’m not writing off crickets entirely, but in general I’d prefer not to rely on them as a staple. My past experience with crickets has been that they are loud, smelly and tend to die off easily.

Thank you!
Cutie!

Back
Top Bottom