Roach Colony Help

CrazyChamLady13

Good afternoon...

Well first off I would like to say that I've had my feeder roaches for almost a year. I've been feeding them a fresh gutload of kale, Collard greens, mustard greens, apples, and carrots. I've also been feeding them dry cat food and Roach chow. I'm very much aware that cat food has too much protein and I've cut it from their diet.

The problem I've noticed is that I have tons of babies all of a sudden. But my adults are dying off :( I feed them every 3 days and check there water cubes daily.

Asked my beardie if he was eating them all and he just looked at me like I was crazy lol. He can't get in there anyways.

Well it could be that your adults are just at the end of their life, or you could have some over crowding issues.

@Well this is depressing... woke up to find 90% of my roaches dead. Guess it got too hot or something. :mad: :( After a year of raising them, now I'm going to have to start over... *Sigh*

@Well this is depressing... woke up to find 90% of my roaches dead. Guess it got too hot or something. :mad: :( After a year of raising them, now I'm going to have to start over... *Sigh*

When was the last time you cleaned your roach bin? Its sounds like a bacterial or environmentally caused( too hot) die off. If they all died that quickly I'd be very hesitant to use those as feeders.

It hasn't been cleaned since May. Going to do some rethinking about it before I start a new colony. Going to get a new bin. Think my bin was way too small.

As I'm looking at starting a new colony, I was thinking about starting over. I was looking at getting a new bin. The bin I'm looking at getting is 12x12x17" would that be big enough?

Back
Top Bottom