RIP my little pygmy Norman

lexievw

I only had Norman for a short 4 months, but had noticed he had gone "missing" a couple days ago. I searched and searched but couldn't find him. The flies I was feeding him were gone so I figured he just was playing a long game of hide and seek. Then yesterday I fed him flies and last night, they were still there. I called my husband over to help me search and then found that my fear was a reality. He passed away. He was laying on his side near the back of his home. I have NO idea how it happened! It was raining out last night but I insisted in giving him a proper burial but haven't slept a wink since. Just shaken up by the whole thing. I hadn't even had him that long but he has a special place in my heart forever. Rest in peace my little grumpy face Norman! :(

So sorry to hear about little Norman - he's sounds like he was a cheeky little soul! I didn't sleep for days after my cham died and i ended up on valium from the doctor. I so know how your feeling at the moment - chams seems to grab hold of your heart. It's amazing to have them in your life but so painful when they leave it :(

U know that pygmys tend to play dead when stressed?
Are u sure he has really been dead?

Unfortunately he is. I tested him with everything including moving him to a different spot and checked back to see if he had moved and nothing. I just hope he is in a better place eating crickets and flies with all the other pygmys!

U know that pygmys tend to play dead when stressed?
Are u sure he has really been dead?

As long as I have been breeding pygmies I have never once had one play dead. I know that they can but they wouldn't do it randomly. They would have to be extremely scared to do that. And it doesn't last very long if they were to okay dead. I'm sorry about ur loss. I just had a female die days after laying her first clutch.

Thank you...I am still so shaken up by it. Who would have thought the little guy would climb into my heart so quickly and so much! My husband's logic is, "well just get a new one" but it is not so simple you know?! I am still trying to figure out what went wrong! I am certainly not emotionally ready for someone new but want to make sure I can do everything I can to the cage to make sure IF I got someone new, that everything would be safe for them. Especially if he got sick somehow you know?? Just don't know what to do!! :(:(:(

You should have let some vet do an autopsie on his dead body to know why he died.
Fortunately none of my chamy died until now, guess it´ll be very hard when the time has come.

Thank you for all the great wishes, they have really helped. I miss him a lot. Especially in the mornings. That was our time to hang out, eat some breakfast and get going for the day. I would like to think he is in a much better place full of plenty of yummy food and other chams to play with!

I so sorry for your loss.... I havent lost a cham before, because Jade is my first one, but if you did get a new one there is a kind of a cham called a four horned cham a think? Its cool, but nothing can ever replace a beloved pet.

Rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom