rinsing sand off eggs

mimibozzo

My female noseybe just laied her eggs in the play sand bin we set up for her last night and we are going to move them to the incubation bin today. Can anyone tell me if it's okay to rinse the sand off them before placing them in the incubation bin?

Do not rinse them. If it bothers, get a very small artist paintbrush and brush off the sand.

That being said, it does not hurt anything to leave the sand on them.

The problem is that we think the sand is stagnated and we are afraid that the stagnation will transfer into the sterile medium we are putting the eggs into, that's our concern. Any thoughts on that?

The problem is that we think the sand is stagnated and we are afraid that the stagnation will transfer into the sterile medium we are putting the eggs into, that's our concern. Any thoughts on that?

Yes, if you are worried about mold spores, by all means rinse them in room temperature distilled water. Place them in a colander and rinse away.

There is a ton of "wives tales" about egg washing. I can tell you from 30+ years of reptile breeding.....None of them are true.

Back
Top Bottom