right size?

Breeze

hey it's been a while since i posted :O Lil Bae is doing fine but I'm a bit worried on his size... hes about 5-6 months and almost 6 inches... is that cool or not right. Thank you.

as long as he looks healthy he's probably fine. Chameleons grow according to how you feed him. What kind is he and is that a snout to vent lenghth or a snout to tail tip length.

Thanks for this thread I was going to ask to becuase Jasper is about 4 inches TV and he is just about 4 months. So going by that I would guess that they are doing just fine =]

EDIT--- The "s" didnt show up on the STV...

This thread made me wanna get some measurements...
My male panther is 5" stv.
He will be 4 month old in 6 days. He had 2 sheddings while under my care with 17 days in between them, 22 days since last one.
Hope Im not over feeding.

Holy moly! That panther is huge! I always thought veileds grew a little faster than panthers... He should be shedding about once a month... How much are you feeding?

This thread made me wanna get some measurements...
My male panther is 5" stv.
He will be 4 month old in 6 days. He had 2 sheddings while under my care with 17 days in between them, 22 days since last one.
Hope Im not over feeding.

How long have you had him? How big was he when you got him?

I give him 8-10 medium crickets at 9am, and the same amount around 3-4pm. Also some kind of worm about once a week. He never seems satisfied, if I give him 30 crickets x day he'll eat them all.
Do they know when to stop?

I give him 8-10 medium crickets at 9am, and the same amount around 3-4pm. Also some kind of worm about once a week. He never seems satisfied, if I give him 30 crickets x day he'll eat them all.
Do they know when to stop?
No, they don't usually understand when they're full,
My 5 month panther is maybe 3 inches stv at most.
I put 10-12 crickets in for the day.
I know my guy would continue eating if I let him, but it makes them fat and unhappy in the long run, obesity in chams is no bueno!
:)

Only feed ten a day max! If he grows too fast he can have bone problems later in life and he won't live as long. They don't understand being full, in the wild they try to eat as much as possible. They want to live fast die young and leave lots of babies behind. Under your care he doesn't have to lead that wild kind of life so you should feed less, So he'll live longer and have a healthier life.

Got him when he was 2.5 month. Didn't measure him then but he was about 3" stv.

jeez, that's even big for a 2 month.
panthers are tiny when they're hatchlings compared to veileds.
I would definitely slow down your feeding rate by a lot.
:)

OK! I'll lower his dose starting today. He's gona hate me hahaha! But if it's for his own good...

Question: Do they have a faster metabolism when they are exposed to natural sun light all the time, compared to an indoor cham? He's VERY active and he's outside 24/7.

You can feed up to 12 depending on the size... I am feeding 12 now because the medium crix are really small. Usually its 8-10 depending on the size and I have had Jasper 4 months and he has had 4 sheds... One the sameday every month almost...

Their metabolism is based on the heat they have. If it's hot they eat a lot, if it's cold they eat a little less.

This where taken last week...
Does he looks fat in a not-healthy way?
When kept outdoors, do they grow faster for any reason?
To the OP sorry for the thread hijack, Im a bit worried :)

IMG_4612.jpg

IMG_4605.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4599.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

IMG_4597.jpg

its all about temp and food intake. He doesn't look fat, but he really wouldnt be at this age as hes converting all his food so that he can grow. Higher temps mean he needs more to eat.

Back
Top Bottom