Rieppeleon Brevicaudatus PLEASE I NEED HELP! filled out help form

Did you keep him around for awhile to make sure he was really dead? Not to be gross or anything, but they're really good at it. I got a group of pygmies shipped to me today, and I could have sworn one of them was dead. She just wasn't "dead colour". A friend picked her up and felt her vibrate a bit. If we didn't know anything about pygmies doing that, I would've tossed her, assuming she was gone.

I actually saw one of my females fall off her stick and lay stiff as a board on her side for about 5 minutes, then get up and slowly walk away. They are silly creatures, I really enjoy watching them. They do like to eat though. I use old UVB bulbs or just a fluorescent bulb that came with my 18" fixture. I don't ever use a light bulb for them.

I give them a bit of calcium powder every week or two and a teeny bit of vitamins once a month. Remember, these guys are small so you can over supplement really easy.

I have had my 6 now for a year and they sure look healthy to me. I know the females have planted eggs. I have one baby walking around that I took out and grew for 6 months with 2 siblings before putting it back in with the adults. Wish more would hatch out.

Did you keep him around for awhile to make sure he was really dead? Not to be gross or anything, but they're really good at it. I got a group of pygmies shipped to me today, and I could have sworn one of them was dead. She just wasn't "dead colour". A friend picked her up and felt her vibrate a bit. If we didn't know anything about pygmies doing that, I would've tossed her, assuming she was gone.

i had something like this happen to me. I woke up, checked on my lil guys and found one on the bottom of the cage, not moving. I picked him up, nothing. Put him back in the cage and went to get my mom. came back in the room two or three minuites latter, the bugger was up and moving!

I have one that used to turn "dead colours" and fall to the bottom. There were a few times where I was ready to put her in the freezer (for later burial), only to come back and see her making a getaway. She doesn't do it much anymore, but she made a bad habit out of it for the first 3 or 4 months I had her. Pygmies are such characters! I keep saying "no more", but I always end up getting more. I guess there are worse addictions LOL

I have one that used to turn "dead colours" and fall to the bottom. There were a few times where I was ready to put her in the freezer (for later burial), only to come back and see her making a getaway. She doesn't do it much anymore, but she made a bad habit out of it for the first 3 or 4 months I had her. Pygmies are such characters! I keep saying "no more", but I always end up getting more. I guess there are worse addictions LOL

thats funny i never seen any of mine doing that. that accually made me lol i wound up buying two more pygmies :p

Back
Top Bottom