Retained shedding on the nose?

Psychodrake

Hey everybody!

George has had what seems to be a patch of skin that hasn't shed for about two months. It doesn't seem to be constricting or painful for him, but it definitely isn't budging and is quite noticeable.

img2574cc.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated, a vet trip can happen pretty much any time weather permitting (It's pretty cold, windy and wet over here in NW England!)

Almost forgot, he also has this small bump of white scales on his shoulder area. He's had this one for about a month too. It doesn't seem to be causing any issues again, but I don't know if anybody knows what it actually is.

img2573l.jpg

Just today swapped him to a 6% Arcadia T5 and changed supplement to Repashy calc plus. He seems absolutely fine anyway, no change to his usual routines since these popped up.

EDIT: I should mention, he's being misted approximately 15 minutes on a morning, 15 minutes when I'm home from from college (Varies, sometimes midday sometimes 3-4PM) and once more before bed. He gets a shower regularly, often once a week.

Hi, I dont think you have anything going on that isnt just normal keeping issues. Just be sure his humidity is correct. He will shed the areas when they are ready :)

Looks like a pretty kid :)

You can try taking a q tip and rubbing some mineral oil on the spot. might help it come off.

Back
Top Bottom