Restlessness

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
My veiled Miss Grumpy is a bit restless today. She’s climbing/crawling around towards the bottom of her enclosure, almost like she’s looking for a way to escape. Since in the past week she’s come into some colors and is eating a little less than usual, I believe she is receptive. I put a lay bin in several days ago, but it is only 9” Diam and 7” deep. She’s plump but not lumpy.
Is she restless because she wants a male or because she’s gravid?
Would it be better to set up a large garbage can with deeper sand and put her in that for a few days?
Would it be better to mix some organic soil in with the play sand?
She has plenty of privacy...has her own room that I only go in to feed and mist her. Do I still need to cover her up?
Many thanks!

My veiled Miss Grumpy is a bit restless today. She’s climbing/crawling around towards the bottom of her enclosure, almost like she’s looking for a way to escape. Since in the past week she’s come into some colors and is eating a little less than usual, I believe she is receptive. I put a lay bin in several days ago, but it is only 9” Diam and 7” deep. She’s plump but not lumpy.
Is she restless because she wants a male or because she’s gravid?
Would it be better to set up a large garbage can with deeper sand and put her in that for a few days?
Would it be better to mix some organic soil in with the play sand?
She has plenty of privacy...has her own room that I only go in to feed and mist her. Do I still need to cover her up?
Many thanks!
Need pics.
Leave the bin in her viv, no can.
Damp sand is best.

FE2CD9F8-7D21-4905-872E-2AEE689E009D.jpeg AE77E203-F4E0-4520-B44A-68807C295943.jpeg

Now she’s back at the top. What do you think? Am I an overly anxious Cham-mom?

Lighting looks to be incorrect. You are running a compact UVB bulb... These are not adequate for chams. You need a T5HO fixture and a 5.0 bulb if it is a single bulb fixture. Your basking should be 7-8 inches below the fixture with the fixture sitting directly on the cage. Run the fixture the length of the cage and across the middle so it provides uvb to her where ever she is at basking. This is the only way to ensure she does not get MBD.

Lighting looks to be incorrect. You are running a compact UVB bulb... These are not adequate for chams. You need a T5HO fixture and a 5.0 bulb if it is a single bulb fixture. Your basking should be 7-8 inches below the fixture with the fixture sitting directly on the cage. Run the fixture the length of the cage and across the middle so it provides uvb to her where ever she is at basking. This is the only way to ensure she does not get MBD.
I already ditched the compact UVB. Although a double light, I only use the basking bulb. She does have a T5HO single behind the other, which is her basking light. Both sit on cage top. I will move the UVB to center. Thank you. :)

Back
Top Bottom