responding to ads

cornelius

I've been researching chameleons for a couple months and am in the process of building a cage, so I'm close to being ready to actually buy a cham. There aren't any good pet shops or breeders in my area, so I'm going to have to have one shipped. I've been watching ads on kingsnake.com and a few dealers' sites. But I'm not really sure how to evaluate a breeder and make sure that I'm getting a quality cham. What questions should I ask when responding to an ad?

sponsors

Buy one from a sponsor, or classified on this site. Plenty of reputable vendors and people here. I got mine From LLLreptile.com they have great prices and good customer service. They might be a bit cheaper on kingsnake but u get what u pay for at times. Read the thread on cham pricing on this page for insight.

MK

If he is looking for anything besides a panther or veiled then there isnt much companies to choose from that are sponsers.

What kind of chameleon are you looking for?

Buy one from a sponsor, or classified on this site. Plenty of reputable vendors and people here. I got mine From LLLreptile.com they have great prices and good customer service. They might be a bit cheaper on kingsnake but u get what u pay for at times. Read the thread on cham pricing on this page for insight.

MK

Many of the companies that advertise on kingsnake are also sponsors of this site. I'm using this site and faunaclassifeds.com to see which have good reviews and would be worth ordering from.

I'm probably going to get a veiled, since they're supposed to be relatively easy and affordable. I've seen some good prices on panthers too, though, so that might be a possibility.

Thanks for that link, Reptoman. Definitely some good info. Unfortunately I doubt I'll have a chance to personally inspect a cham before I buy it, so I'm trying to find out what kinds of questions I should ask a seller before I give him my money.

Many of the companies that advertise on kingsnake are also sponsors of this site. I'm using this site and faunaclassifeds.com to see which have good reviews and would be worth ordering from.

I'm probably going to get a veiled, since they're supposed to be relatively easy and affordable. I've seen some good prices on panthers too, though, so that might be a possibility.

Thanks for that link, Reptoman. Definitely some good info. Unfortunately I doubt I'll have a chance to personally inspect a cham before I buy it, so I'm trying to find out what kinds of questions I should ask a seller before I give him my money.

Good things to ask about would be diet, how many animals they house in an enclosure to what age, temps and just all around husbandry. You will want to be up to par with the husbandry of what chameleon you want obviously to know if they answer correctly.

If you want a cheap panther go with Jim from Chameleoncompany.com. Although he doesnt update his site but I am sure you saw his ads on KS. Although they are fairly inexpensive compared to most other companies out there, I think he has some of the healthiest robust panthers around. A lot of these other "reputable" places will send you a tiny baby for a super high price. Jims chams are very well started, housed outside all year and just super healthy. Dont let his prices fool you, but do let some of the other companies prices fool you. If you catch my drift?

Back
Top Bottom