Respiratory?

Hi so I have a six month old baby veiled chameleon and he is the light of my life. I got him from my little brothers friend who had them for a couple months and I asked as much as possible but she didn’t give me a lot of information about him. I notice he tends to do the following a lot. Keeps his mouth open, yawns ish, open his mouth, he makes weird noises occasionally, his body shakes and he takes a lot of deep breath‘s and I just wanted to make sure he was OK I’ve been reading that it might be a respiratory infection but some of the symptoms I’m not sure if this is something else or is that please let me know. I want to help my baby as much as possible!

545D26A9-8CD6-4791-8DBA-42DBE70EDDA5.jpeg

Is he doing the mouth open thing when he's under the basking light but closes when he's not? Does he do it only when you're nearby?

Is his saliva stringy? Domyounhear raspy noises when he breathes?

Is he doing the mouth open thing when he's under the basking light but closes when he's not? Does he do it only when you're nearby?

Is his saliva stringy? Domyounhear raspy noises when he breathes?
Basking not really no. It’s only occasionally. He doesn’t do it when I’m nearby I catch him doing it. His saliva is a bit stringy when he “yawns”, and yes he is a tad raspy but it usually sounds like a huge exhale

Back
Top Bottom