Rescue Rosy Boa, do you know what kind?

Grandsouls

I just rescued this rosy boa about a week ago she was a bit thin and dehydrated other than that in good health. She’s about 9-10 years old and about 3.2ft total length.
Got her feeding off pre killed mice previously only fed live never handled.
So her temperament isn’t great thinks anything entering cage is food. We’ll get her chill tho and if not that’s fine she’s a pleasure to deal with compared to the 30-50lb boas I use to deal with .
Anyway..
Do you know what locality she is?
2BEEACE9-6E0E-4685-AD71-CF8BC3EF116C.jpeg

C07FEAC1-C514-468B-9BA6-996B682647ED.jpeg

1BCA1964-F20D-481A-B825-0621AE605B7C.jpeg

Thanks all!

I just rescued this rosy boa about a week ago she was a bit thin and dehydrated other than that in good health. She’s about 9-10 years old and about 3.2ft total length.
Got her feeding off pre killed mice previously only fed live never handled.
So her temperament isn’t great thinks anything entering cage is food. We’ll get her chill tho and if not that’s fine she’s a pleasure to deal with compared to the 30-50lb boas I use to deal with .
Anyway..
Do you know what locality she is?
View attachment 227378
View attachment 227379
View attachment 227380
Thanks all!
I could be wrong but looks like a typical dessert rosy. Definitely not a mexican and I don't think it's a coastal. You seem to get a few rescue reptiles. She looks in pretty good condition.

We never feed our BRB in his enclosure to avoid him thinking it's food every time you go in there.

I could be wrong but looks like a typical dessert rosy. Definitely not a mexican and I don't think it's a coastal. You seem to get a few rescue reptiles. She looks in pretty good condition.

We never feed our BRB in his enclosure to avoid him thinking it's food every time you go in there.

It can all be solved simply by tong feeding and hook handling “Usually..” thing is she just expects all things to be food as that was her only visitor in the past.
This is by far the smallest snake Iv had though, so my opinion is bias towards tank feeding, moving those huge girls in the past while feeding no thank u lol.

Iv rehabilitated quite a lot of snakes in the past. Just recently gotten the Cham and this girl. They will be my pets for good though I believe :) all seemed to capture me quite well

Just gonna drop this in here, feeding outside the cage usually causes more harm than good. The stress of moving them into a different container can make finicky eaters reluctant to eat, and then moving them back can cause them to regurgitate their meal. If it works for you, I mean go for it, but most of the time it just causes unnecessary stress. And if you’re handeling them often then most of the time you open the enclosure they won’t be eating, so there’s no reason they would associate that with food.

Just gonna drop this in here, feeding outside the cage usually causes more harm than good. The stress of moving them into a different container can make finicky eaters reluctant to eat, and then moving them back can cause them to regurgitate their meal. If it works for you, I mean go for it, but most of the time it just causes unnecessary stress. And if you’re handeling them often then most of the time you open the enclosure they won’t be eating, so there’s no reason they would associate that with food.
Thank you for this long and spot on explanation I was much to lazy to explain

He comes out around 4x a week. He's fed in a low sided 9 litre tote and the tote is later put back into his viv and he comes out on his own accord. Once he settles into his favourite hide, we remove the tote. He's always been very chilled out thankfully and is a good eater.

Back
Top Bottom