Rescue Panther - Free to Senior Member w/ Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

djfishygillz

Avid Member
Hello everyone, I acquired this male as a rescue. It was said that the owner had a proper uvb bulb. Supplemented with calcium, not sure with or without d3. Also that liquid calcium was often supplemented and outdoor sunlight was also provided. All in all the ambilobe panther chameleon was stated to of been from a big breeder and my fear is inbreeding led to a calcium absorption deficiency as all proper steps were taken to provide proper care for the chameleon.

I have only had the chameleon since today and if I can find a proper home with enough time all you would have to pay is shipping.

Once again, ONLY SENIOR MEMBERS! No one post looky loos. Also if you do rehome this chameleon and I see anywhere that you resold him I will go directly to the BOI on fauna so fair warning. Do not take in the beautiful creature to flip.

He really is a fighter even from only having him for one day. I just am busy enough with my blue tree monitor pair and 50 other chameleons. The previous owner could not handle him anymore so I could take him from the previous owner who surrendered him and wanted him to go to a vet or better home all together. She was okay with me finding a better home as I know the chameleon community better than her.

He does hand feed and can climb somewhat but it appears he has many awkward joints and can not really grab anything with his forearms but can grab with his back legs. With proper care and special cage arrangements and a lot of love he could be a real come back story!

It just may be in his genetics that he really has a problem absorbing calcium. The previous owner is a great high end dog breeder who loves and cares for animals and researched as much as possible to get him better. But best results she had was liquid calcium and cod liver oil.

PM if you are interested, just pay shipping. And once again please be a senior member or higher.

Also he can open his eyes. One eye is swollen for unknown reasons. According to the previous owner it would swell up on occasion as shown now. He was sleeping in the photos as his light schedule was different than mine so he is adjusting still.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 347
  • chameleon111.jpg
    chameleon111.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom