Requisite weekend photos

Trace

Captain Awesome
So it’s been a little tense around here the last few days so here are some gratuitous Trioceros pictures.

Trioceros goetzei nyikae

DSC_008020101023.jpg

DSC_005420101030.jpg

DSC_011920101030.jpg

Trioceros cristatus

DSC_012320101023.jpg

DSC_008720101009.jpg

DSC_011120101023.jpg

Random Spiders

DSC_013720101023.jpg

DSC_014320101023.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks Trace!

Your pictures always bring a smile to my face they just seem to "pose" for you!!! So amazing! and crisp!! :D

Geese you even take pictures of spiders good ;):p

Your Goetzei is just angelic.

I think I have a thing for Trioceros lol

Nice pics. I am guessing you came to find out you actually have Tr. goetzei nyikae? Wonder what my two little bitches are?:D

Adore the first picture, innocent looking, like a small child! The spider was appropriate for the holiday, but still freaky to me, especially up close! Thanks for sharing!

First off, thanks for the compliments everyone. You'll just encourage me to post more. ;)

Nice pics. I am guessing you came to find out you actually have Tr. goetzei nyikae? Wonder what my two little bitches are?:D

Yours are the nyikae as well. In fact there are a couple of pictures in the new Chameleons of Africa book that, at first glance, I thought were your specimens/photos. I know you want to get the book but I wanted to scan the nyikae section for you in the meantime but I don't think I can do it without ruining the integrity of the binding itself. That book was too expensive to rip apart. No offense! I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

awesome pics.
how did you get your chameleon do be white!!!! i gotta know!!:D

That's just the way that species is. When she was younger she was a little more green but as she aged developed the muted white. In fact, all my goetzei did that as they grew older. In interested to see if Cain's females do the same.

Nice shots,,,, HDRed??

No actually. My photoshop skills aren't that good; actually they are non-existant. I've seen some nice HDR photos but most I'm unimpressed with. They just look really fake. Maybe I should be seeing them in person and not on the internet?!?

Amazing pictures! The first cham is so beautiful! I like the spider as well :) Is it a B. vagans?

T'is a Brachypelma vagans. Good eye! Not as fancy as your spiders but enchanting to me none the less.

Cheers,
T

Beautiful shots, I love the white Cham.. Could you tell me what type of cham that is in the first shot, I like that one I might have a use for my old cham enclosure after all,,lol.. I'm a fan of the hdr shot's just not the over done ones.. I still have to learn how to take them or make them or how ever they are shot..

Beautiful shots, I love the white Cham.. Could you tell me what type of cham that is in the first shot, I like that one I might have a use for my old cham enclosure after all,,lol.. I'm a fan of the hdr shot's just not the over done ones.. I still have to learn how to take them or make them or how ever they are shot..

It is Trioceros goetzei niykae. Unfortunately this beautiful species is RARELY available in the US. And I would hope Trace and I would be notified first if anymore are imported since we are the only ones I know of, anywhere actually, that keep them. They are F1 farm raised from Tanzania. There have been a whole 5 specimen imported to the US since 2006. Its a bummer the two I have that were imported in 2009 are both females.

Thanks, T. Hopefully I dont die from the suspense of waiting another two months until I get the book:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom