DSC_007120110430.jpg

‘Horrible Thing’ Male Trioceros Cristatus

DSC_006020110409.jpg

DSC_007320110423.jpg

DSC_009320110423.jpg

DSC_013620110430.jpg

DSC_010120110326.jpg

Happy chamming everyone. :)

Wonderful pics and beautiful chams as always! I guess I didn't realize how small cristatus are until I saw the pic on the hook of the plant hanger. Are these guys full grown or still youngins?

wow trace great shots, they look so calm and happy. i havent heard from you in a bit???

Gee Trace...it must have taken you hours to paint all those little torquoise markings on them! (evil grin)

They are totally awesome! I never realized they colored up like that!

Hey Trace, when you get them to breed wil you please let me know when you have some CB available. I have been wanting these for a while now and thnk i can make it work despite the TX heat in the summer.

Well since they are so Horrible and Bad, why don't you send them to me. I won't call them that :p

LPR08

Wonderful pics and beautiful chams as always! I guess I didn't realize how small cristatus are until I saw the pic on the hook of the plant hanger. Are these guys full grown or still youngins?

My specimens were born in mid June 2010 so they are coming up on a year old now. I do not power feed my animals to get them up to an adult or breeding size in a short amount of time. I prefer slower growth rates as I concern myself more with their long term health than the possibility of mating. Besides when you are used to working with species that only breed once a year one learns an awful lot of patience! I just measured my male and he is 20cm which is where he should be I think for his age. The female gave me that squinty eyed look of dismay so I left her alone.

wow trace great shots, they look so calm and happy. i havent heard from you in a bit???

I am notorious for not answering emails and PM’s in a timely manner. However I believe I have answered all your questions. If not send me a new PM.

Hey Trace, when you get them to breed wil you please let me know when you have some CB available. I have been wanting these for a while now and thnk i can make it work despite the TX heat in the summer.

I totally think you could handle the cristatus with your hot Texas weather. They aren’t as montane-y as people may think. They aren’t heavy duty baskers but they do like high humidity and LOTS of water and a lot of horizontal over vertical space. It is my intent to breed them and at this point I’m just waiting for the female to let me know when the time is right. You’ll hear me yelling all the way from Texas when they do. In the interim though, if you can find some decent CB or CH specimens they are well worth the money. The rearing of these guys has been far, far easier than their wild caught parents.

Well since they are so Horrible and Bad, why don't you send them to me. I won't call them that :p

Long ago I gave up naming my chameleons but those monikers seem have stuck with these guys. They are quite possibly the most contemptuous species I have ever worked with; not aggressive by any stretch but they certainly take ungrateful to an entirely new level.

wow amazing photos, what camera are you using? if you don't mind me asking

I’m shooting with an old Nikon D50; nothing fancy. For the most part my lens of choice is a 90mm macro. I like the clarity and sharpness of the glass and it allows me to get fairly close to my subjects without being intrusive.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. :)

Back
Top Bottom