REPTIVITE WITH D3 by zoomed

George Yamen

all this info about supplements,and i know less is better if your chems needs r met, but my ? is. IS this product alone good enough for my m-v-chem at about 9- to 11 months estamating age, and how often should i dust food
the directions say12 crks a week, sound like alot. he does get brief sun in the afternoon, but winter is almost here in mich. so sun is almost done, he also has a 10. uvb floresent 10-11 hrs a day any advice or comments would be of great value to us . thanks

all this info about supplements,and i know less is better if your chems needs r met, but my ? is. IS this product alone good enough for my m-v-chem at about 9- to 11 months estamating age, and how often should i dust food
the directions say12 crks a week, sound like alot. he does get brief sun in the afternoon, but winter is almost here in mich. so sun is almost done, he also has a 10. uvb floresent 10-11 hrs a day any advice or comments would be of great value to us . thanks
How many insects a week does your chameleon eat, what kind of chameleon do you have?

IS this product alone good enough for my m-v-chem at about 9- to 11 months estamating age, and how often should i dust food

Nope. Calcium WithOUT D3 once a day (or on those days you feed), and the one WITH D3 less often. I use the Calcium with D3 twice a month - my chameleons almost never see the outdoors and are raised under UVB 5.0 tubes. You might be able to use D3 less if/when your chameleon is getting real outdoor exposure (which need not be direct sunshine, as there is UVB on a cloudy day too). If you are not using sufficient UVB lights and your cham doesnt go outside either, you'd have to use more D3 - this method is NOT recommended. D3 is fat stored -not water soluable flushed from the system, so it can build up and be bad for organs.
also gut load your insects and occassionally consider using a vitamin dust.

three threads you might check out:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/supplementation-mbd-1-a-2451/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/vitamin-d3-10858/index3.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/calcium-d3-without-15065/

Last edited:
?

thanks 4 ur time george is a male veiled chem and i feed him 5 crks 1 super worm and a small nightcrawler a day i use the repivite every 3 days on 3 criks which r gut loaded with the blue gel gut load from local pet store, looks like i better get him some calcium without d3, we thank u much

thanks 4 ur time george is a male veiled chem and i feed him 5 crks 1 super worm and a small nightcrawler a day i use the repivite every 3 days on 3 criks which r gut loaded with the blue gel gut load from local pet store, looks like i better get him some calcium without d3, we thank u much

Nightcrawlers, I've been told are a good source of calcium.

Nightcrawlers, I've been told are a good source of calcium.

Good point.
Clearly you dont need to dust them. And if they are very high in calcium, maybe they have enough to compensate for the deficiency in the crickets? I think I would still dust some of the crickets, if it were me.

Back
Top Bottom