Reptisun Question...

BrandonG

The other day I was at the local pet store and they had their Reptisun 5.0's on sale for freakin' $9, so I bought two of them, lol. My question is...will they go bad just sitting around the house? Say if one sits there for a year or more before I use it will it be less efficient?

Thanks!
Brandon

No, it will be fine.
I took advantage of this too as I have a lot of fixtures that take the old fat tubes.
Check PetCo .. these are on clearance!

-Brad

The other day I was at the local pet store and they had their Reptisun 5.0's on sale for freakin' $9, so I bought two of them, lol. My question is...will they go bad just sitting around the house? Say if one sits there for a year or more before I use it will it be less efficient?

Thanks!
Brandon

The tube only ages while it is 'on' Be sure to keep track of the 'age' of the lamp when in use by putting the date on the metal cap at the end. I write the date along the side of the metal cap so I can see it while in the fixture and on the end where the pins are.

Yea, it's a pretty sweet deal. I know they aren't this much on LLL, but at my PetCo they are normally $40, lol. Who would pay that??

Being the genius that I am...I just bought the last 3 bulbs they had for $9. They were 24" bulbs. Totally forgot that while my fixture is 24", it takes 18" bulbs, lol. I'm just gonna buy a larger fixture to fit them. Any place cheaper than LLL? Or would it be best to not buy a cheap one?

HD?

not sure on the price but they have 24" dual fixtures... while you are there buy the 6500K lights. oh wait... no go to Lowes... they have a dual T12 fixture as well... BUT they have the 6500K lamps that HD does not have....

MY best friend works at a pet store and they ordered me a 10.0 18inch and i got it but then the bussiness forgot about the order so i got it for free, :D

Ok Summoner, please explain the T12/T8 thing. Are the T12s just bigger bulbs? And the 6500k is just for growing plants? All that stuff is something I've never researched on here. I would GREATLY apprecite a quick explanation (if there is such a thing).

Brandon

Oh, and do I really need a DUAL fixture? I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone use them. Maybe I just overlooked it...

My petco sells them for like $1000 bucks. Really $38 but naaahh I'll pass!! I'm kinda turned onto LLL reptile. They are cool.

I just ordered like 70 bucks worth of supplies from here Shipping was only like 7 bucks. :eek:

Last time I ordered from LLL, I bought a 5 dollar thing of gecko food...shipping was 9 and some change...:mad:

Back
Top Bottom