reptisun and cricket gutload question

Jared355

hey guys i was wondering if anyone here uses two 5.0 reptisun bulbs? my cage is 4 feet tall and i dont feel like he is getting enough uvb, im probley worrying for nothing but is there anything wrong with doing this? Also i do most of my own gutloads and i was kinda thinking about adding oats to the crickets gutload. Also has anyone tried this or think it might be a good or bad idea?

Thanks for any help guys
-Jared:D

Not sure about oats as cricket gutload!?

Re the UV, provided he can get with about 12" of the light (perch/basking spot) then only one is needed. (replace tube after 6 months as they deteriorate in uv output though not visible light) Two wont penetrate any deeper if they are both on top.
As far as 'enough UV' is concerned, some folk only ever use artifical UV and report no problems, However, nothing beats nature!
I get mine outside most days for natural Uv. :)

Yeah a lot of people on here use those reptisun bulbs and the cricket gutloads oats i suggest you don't just put oatmeal flakes in the cricket keeper try making oatmeal and putting it in a little cup and they may eat it. Tell me how it works

Back
Top Bottom