Reptipro 6000 STAY AWAY

NosyBe15

Hey everyone. I am beyond angry right now so forgive me if I dont make the best sense.

I bought this Reptipro 6000 incubator 2 months ago to keep my Nosybe clutch of 28 eggs around the proper temps. I dont have central air so my APT gets hot in the summer, 80-90 easy and I know that wouldnt work.

Today when I checked on my eggs as I do every other day or so, the outside therm of the "Incubator" said 76 degrees. When I checked on both of my internal therms they said 46!! FORTY SIX DEGREES. Of course I immediately took them out and have them high in a closet, but I am horrified that I just lost 28 perfectly healthy Nosybe Eggs.

I never trusted this "Incubator" and should of went with my gut and spent more money on another one. It was advertised to keep the temp +/- 2 degrees, which even that it wouldnt do. I had it set at 73 and it would constantly cycle from 70 up to 77 then back to 70 and so on in a constant cycle. I accepted that because I had the eggs in containers inside the incubator, but today I am just destroyed thinking I just lost 28 Nosybe Eggs.

I am moving next month to an apt with central Air, so I wont need an incubator anymore, but man this hurts.

Anyone know the chances of them not all being dead? I am obviously going to keep them until there scheduled hatch date, but I have a feeling that this incubator just froze over all my eggs.:mad:

Opinions?

Do you have any idea how long they were at that temp? How long have they been incubating?

I wouldn't throw them out. It is possible that some harm was done, but you cant be sure until you wait it out and see.

NosyBe15-

I am so sorry to hear that you have had these issues. We would love to help you out any way that we can.
We are constantly working to make our incubators better, and any information we could get from you regarding your incubation circumstances would be very helpful.
If you would, please call me at (800)259-9755. We are in the office M-F 9a-5p.

Thanks,
ReptiPro

well just an FYI. The eggs didnt make it. Thanks to the little refrigerator they were in thats called an "Incubator". 28 True Blue NosyBe Eggs gone.

And as far as your so called "Customer Service" goes, its about as good as your product. I filled out the contact sheet on your website, and also left 2 messages on this so called phone number and didnt recieve an email or call back.

Sorry for the late reply on this thread, but ive finally finished my move. It did feel good taking that worthless product out back to my alley and completely demolishing it Office Space Style. What a waste of money, not to mention a full clutch of NosyBe eggs.

So as the thread states. Stay away from this "Incubator" unless you need like a small wine cooler, then it would work perfectly. Thank goodness my new apt has central air and I dont need an incubator anymore.

I'm so sorry about the eggs. :( Thank you, though, for letting everyone know how that product failed to perform correctly. You probably saved someone else from a lot of heartache and aggravation.

Sorry to hear about your eggs. Will you be able to do the same pairing again?

I've never been brave enough to try an incubator....

I'm in the market for an incubator that will let me maintain cooler temps. My home despite central air tends to get around 79-80F. I live where it is hot...

That said thanks for the heads up since I need a device that will maintain a temp around 72F

I have used many different incubators for hatching chicken eggs (which I realize is quite different, but the problems/issues remain the same - stable temp, humidity, etc).

I have tried hovabators, still-air vs not, Little Giants, you name it.

I have found the best incubators by far are Brinsea. They are not cheap, but dang, they can hatch rocks. I program the computer for warm/cooling cycles, set humidity, set turning cycle and have had nearly 100% hatch rate from SHIPPED chicken eggs.

Again, I realize that chicken eggs are different from reptile. But you may want to check out their website.

Unfortunately I will not be able to do the same pairing again. During my move I was struck with something that I never thought would ever happen. Ever.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/please-help-911-issue-130262/

My male and most prised possession Clarence passed away in the 3 hours I had him outside as I was transferring cages. Nobody knows what happened. I listed the link to my thread above.

I am still not over it.

Unfortunately I will not be able to do the same pairing again. During my move I was struck with something that I never thought would ever happen. Ever.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/please-help-911-issue-130262/

My male and most prised possession Clarence passed away in the 3 hours I had him outside as I was transferring cages. Nobody knows what happened. I listed the link to my thread above.

I am still not over it.
Oh I am so sorry Nosy.
The eggs and then your boy. : (
I have a nosy be boy too. which I love dearly.
When he has babies if you will allow me to I will give you one of his babies.
You can see Tiamat in my albums and PM me if you are interested.

This is why I have not invested in an incubator. I have read too many heartache stories like yours.
The tupperware in a closet method seems to be best.

'Boogiedog' nailed it with chicken incubators. If you aren't making the homemade kind, then the chicken ones are the only option. I have heard this repeatedly. FYI - i make mine (fish shipping cooler, zoomed heat cable, zoomed heat controller, and digital thermometer (x2)). Heat only on during the december and january, if needed.

Back
Top Bottom