Reptile Show?

iMi

Established Member
Has anyone attended any of the Reptile Shows organized by the North American Reptile Breeders Conference? There is one happening literally 15 minutes away from me in March and I am thinking about attending...

Yes? No? Worth the time?

I've never been to a breeders conference but I imagine it would be fun! Def worth the time, its's a great experience to meet people with the same interests as you in person at such a large scale event! I consistently go to local reptile shows not just to get supplies and animals, but to meet people with the same interests! Not to mention they are just really fun in general!

Last edited:
Reactions: iMi
I used to go to and support the reptile shows when they came to town but I just can’t stomach them anymore.

However if I had the opportunity to attend a breeder conference you better believe I’d be there!

Reactions: iMi
Ok, I am definitely going then. As long as I am not traveling again. It's been crazy lately. @Calypratus mentioned supplies, which is brilliant. I will have to see what I can order for pick up at the show. Feeders, for sure.

I went to the North American Reptiles breeder convention a few weeks ago in Arlington. It was a BLAST! I had a great time and saw many many different reptiles. I would definitely recommend going. Be sure to check everyone’s prices before buying anything. I found a price swing of 20 bucks on a fogger between all the vendors and ended up getting one for 10 bucks cheaper than Amazon. It was a great time and I can’t wait for next years convention here.

The California shows only seem to have Panthers as far as chams go these days. Great places to find things like driftwood and cheap accessories though.

I had a table at the Tinley Park show last October. The biggest show ever. The one in March isn't as big as October but still worth the trip. I'm 2 hours away and I'm planning on going to look around. Maybe I'll find a female for the male I hatched last year.

At the sac. Show, the animals and merch displayed were very diverse, scorpions, snakes, frogs, chams, I saw panthers, jacksons, veileds, some pygmy and furcifer lateralis, most of what I saw, looked as they had been permanant nomads... displays of venemous snakes, I'd say worth going to

I just got back from the show here in Tinley Park. It was insanely busy but a lot of fun. Picked up feeders and isopods. It took a lot of willpower not to pick up another reptile. They had some pretty Chams and ton of snakes and various other reptiles. Plus all the merchandise one could imagine. Really a great place to get both live animals and equipment.

IMG_1175.jpeg
57445652367__79F14704-5579-4F9A-BA95-0EB574F4671C.jpg
57445592864__3678E33E-0C95-4173-94D0-FCFE8EE64C15.jpg
IMG_1177.jpeg

Oh, and a gigantic living crocodile... just chilling there...

IMG_1179.jpeg

I just got back from the show here in Tinley Park. It was insanely busy but a lot of fun. Picked up feeders and isopods. It took a lot of willpower not to pick up another reptile. They had some pretty Chams and ton of snakes and various other reptiles. Plus all the merchandise one could imagine. Really a great place to get both live animals and equipment.

View attachment 225932View attachment 225933View attachment 225934View attachment 225935

Oh, and a gigantic living crocodile... just chilling there...

View attachment 225936
It's a gator not a croc (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Certainly don't see that Doncaster, which one of the biggest we have in NW England.

Back
Top Bottom