Reptile Sentience & Emotions

Klyde O'Scope

Chameleon Enthusiast
People friend these alligators and crocs with small brains. They must remember people. My cham still opens mouth and tries to bite. I should have pet alligator in tub.

Darwinisim doin' it's thing... https://www.inquirer.com/news/allig...s-crocodiles-support-depression-20190124.html

1600877722135.png

So I will give my two cents.

I am not against keeping any animal so long as it is done correctly. I think it is dangerous and ill advised to attribute human type emotion to animals.

One thing people always seem to ignore why they say "He like Me" yes but he also will eat his own young.
They absolutely have emotion, but they do not and never will live by our rules. If you deal with larger more dangerous animals the risk get higher.

Look at horses, I would say they can defiantly love us, doesn't mean you won't get kicked or thrown though.

As often happens, I came across the following while researching something else, and got so sidetracked as to forget what I was looking for in the first place... ( as I am wont to do... :rolleyes: )

Reptile Emotions ( August 18, 2011 )

Sentient Reptiles Experience Mammalian Emotions ( Nov 01, 2019 )

Given the Cold Shoulder: A Review of the Scientific Literature for Evidence of Reptile Sentience ( 17 October 2019 )

Further Reading: reptile emotions sentience ( Google search )

Good articles, got off track with the alligator thing

"My poop smells"
"i do not like the smell of my poop"
"im going to pooping zone that is not near my eating zone nor my hangout/sleeping zone"

Thats as much sentience/decision making i have got out of them. Unlike a horse, they make the conscious decision to not just let one fly.

Back
Top Bottom