Reptile One Fan/heat light

jojackson

Hi guys/Gals, Im currently trialling a '©Reptile One' Fan/heat/Uv light 50watt
as an addition to Homers (Veiled Cham) normal basking and uv (an extra basking spot) and Im finding he appears to absolutely love it!
Has anyone else trialed this product? Can you get it in the US/Uk?

Pdf info
http://www.reptileone.com.au/instructions/Heat Fan Light/R1_fanheatlight_public.pdf

46543.jpg

My daughter won it at our recent Expo (1st place white beardy) :)

34xfgr7.jpg

vnmkuw.jpg

Also Met Brian from Snakebytes TV, Great Bloke!

kf4oyx.jpg

Never seen that product here in the US. Looks cool!
Tell your daughter that is an AWESOME beardy!

Thanks Ellron :)
It has a little fan that blows the heat, spreads it gently, I dont know if its the brightness, or the warm air he likes, but he loves it! :) (The cham that is!)

We don't even have the "reptileone" brand here. Maybe we could order it online...

White ones do occure naturally but they arn't so common. This guy hails from a small area in the outback. Personally im of opinion hes simply a little hypomelanistic, he does have black pigment, goes grey when he cold, and his 'beard' goes jet black when excited, but the rest of him stays white, its quite a contrast.
Ive aquired a very similar Female and will pair them this spring, hopefully we'll be able to produce some nice bubs.
May experiment with some line breeding later to see what comes of it. :)

Re Reptile One, its an Aussy brand but im not sure how widely its marketed as yet, its possible you could order online for shipping OS.
My Cham really seems to like it, this one is a law watt (50 watt) so no chance of burns and the fan can only just be heard, spreads the warmth nicely in a screen cage, helps to create better gradient I think.
I may invest in a few more. The only concern is its claim to generate UVB aswell as UVA, the lamp itself is dichoric but does has a plastic? cover, so id imagine if that was removed, the uv output would increase ?

White ones do occure naturally but they arn't so common. This guy hails from a small area in the outback. Personally im of opinion hes simply a little hypomelanistic, he does have black pigment, goes grey when he cold, and his 'beard' goes jet black when excited, but the rest of him stays white, its quite a contrast.
Ive aquired a very similar Female and will pair them this spring, hopefully we'll be able to produce some nice bubs.
May experiment with some line breeding later to see what comes of it. :)

Re Reptile One, its an Aussy brand but im not sure how widely its marketed as yet, its possible you could order online for shipping OS.
My Cham really seems to like it, this one is a law watt (50 watt) so no chance of burns and the fan can only just be heard, spreads the warmth nicely in a screen cage, helps to create better gradient I think.
I may invest in a few more. The only concern is its claim to generate UVB aswell as UVA, the lamp itself is dichoric but does has a plastic? cover, so id imagine if that was removed, the uv output would increase ?

I'm fairly certain that all dichroic lamps are made with glass. I'd like to hear some readings of UVA and UVB from someone who has a UV meter though.
Dichroic lights produce a lot of heat, so I think it's interesting they found a positive use for that heat, by just including a fan.

Wait.. here I found a chart for it.

By the way, the rows are for 20w, 35w, and 50w.

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    7.2 KB · Views: 161
Back
Top Bottom