Reptile Expo - Hamburg PA

timber64

Can anyone confirm if the Reptile Expo is on this weekend in Hamburg PA? It shows advertised on their website so I assume it’s happening but with social distance conditions.
Anyone going?
I’m only 45 minutes away and this would be my first time ever at one of these events.

Not to rain on your parade, but they have been kinda meh in the cleveland area. Basically wall to wall snakes and expensive turtles. Very few reptiles. However most of the time they have a very good selection of feeders :)

Thanks! I kinda expected lots of snakes based on videos I’ve seen. And I agree I don’t care about that but I was really wanting is feeders!!

Just left. Very busy and lots of stuff. Not too much in chameleons but a few good Panther Breeders. Hamburg PA & White Plains NY are the 2 big ones in the metro area.

Just got home from it myself. Definitely wall to wall snakes as others mentioned but I enjoyed looking at it all nonetheless. They did have some veiled, Jackson’s and even a few panthers. I even saw a rainbow Jackson and some spiney chams which I have never heard of.
I did pick up some crickets and dubia though for way less than mail order or retail store. I’m definitely set for a while!!

Yeah they were Furcifer verrucosus, didn't look too good, I did find a couple Kinyongia boehmei that looked decent & a few hoehnelli. Picked up a pair I couldn't resist and a nice looking pregnant Jack jack of the few decent looking ones from the Wholesale Flippers. Lots of senegalensis too.

This is the male I picked up. Now quarantine, de-parasitize, de-worm, and beefing up time.

Attachments

• 20210227_151220.jpg
    20210227_151220.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 120
Interesting looking fellow. I'm a little surprised the reptile shows (or any events that crowded) are back on—I figured it might not happen until later in the year.

Hope he's healthy & works out well for you! :)

:confused::confused::confused: Perhaps you meant very few lizards? :LOL:
Is it specious to say snakes and pancake turtles are just "visual clutter" to my brain? I remember back in the day "no i dont care about your knobbed tailed gecko breeding pair, there are 4 other booths with them, and ya'll want as much as a car for them, just to fill even more booths next year"

Interesting looking fellow. I'm a little surprised the reptile shows (or any events that crowded) are back on—I figured it might not happen until later in the year.

Hope he's healthy & works out well for you! :)

Gun shows and laughing at ammo prices are now a professional sport in my ring of folk. Cant do much of anything else, including shooting...

Back
Top Bottom