Reptibreeze from Petsmart

Highway61

Chameleon Enthusiast
I'm a newbie just starting out so my first purchase was the Reptibreeze XL from Petsmart. After waiting eight days for delivery, it arrives damaged. Could it be it was not packed in any form of shipping material and just shipped in the cardborad box? <rolls eyes>. I called Petsmart and they won't refund my money until I ship it back so I'm right back where I started! Oh and I noticed from my window that the truck that delivered it was a Budget Rental truck. If Petsmart stocked these in their stores I would just walk in and buy it even purchasing online, shipping to the store is not an option.

I just purchased the same encolusre from Amazon for the same amout. I will curious what shape it arrives in.

Attachments

• ps1.JPG
    ps1.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 183
  • ps4.JPG
    ps4.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 221
Does the damage make it not functional?
I ordered a screen cage from lllreptile and one of the locking mechanisms on it was broken. I just sent them an email and they replaced the whole door without an issue.

You cant just bring it to the store with a recipt printout? Or they wont accept it? Also try speaking to manager... its kinda BS when they do that since its the same damn company

Also for some reason this happens a lot they dont usually double box them. Amaxon might but i think youll have minor to zero problems through amazon. And if it does amazon returns is very simple. They have free pickups as long as you say defective or damaged upon opening

You cant just bring it to the store with a recipt printout? Or they wont accept it? Also try speaking to manager... its kinda BS when they do that since its the same damn company

Also for some reason this happens a lot they dont usually double box them. Amaxon might but i think youll have minor to zero problems through amazon. And if it does amazon returns is very simple. They have free pickups as long as you say defective or damaged upon opening

When I spoke to the customer service rep he didn't suggest bringing into a store for a refund and I didn't even think to ask! And thank you for reason #856 for not using Petsmart.

When I spoke to the customer service rep he didn't suggest bringing into a store for a refund and I didn't even think to ask! And thank you for reason #856 for not using Petsmart.

Some places will accept an online purchase to be returned at the store.. like i know macys does but i think i had same problem at the pet stores. But worth a try

Indeed, I'll take it my local PM today and report back here. Thanks! -Rob

Ugh! Mine came the exact same from petco! The box was completely trashed but luckily the cage was fine. I ordered the reptibreeze stand from lllreptile, and they shipped same way,box was totally beat up and the stand came bent, but I just couldn't stand shipping it back so I just kept it. Ugh.

Yes, I would take it to your local store for the refund. I had to order online from amazon as well and it arrived just fine. I have the same XL Reptibreeze cage. I love it and it was very easy to put together. I suggest ordering some dragon ledges that dragonstrands.com. He makes them for this cage size, and they are perfect for arranging branches and mounting plants, etc....... You really need them in this size cage in order to make the cage work to your cham's benefit. If you can do that, I highly recommend it. I also ordered the small 16x16x20 reptibreeze cage as a standy by emergency or travel one on days that we want to clean his big one without stressing him out. I also ordered the Heavy Duty Easy Drip Pan from dragonstrands.com and it is meant for water drainage and it is fantastic!!! Highly recommend this as well, we only have to drain water every sunday from it using a wet vac but it keeps the cage from retaining so much moisture that it would cause bacteria. So it is a deterrant for that and Dragon strand makes them to fit this Reptibreeze cage. So if you can order that, I recommend it as well.

Just got back from Petsmart. When I walked it in, the first employee shook his head and said something like "I don't know if we refund shipments". But then the manager walked by said no problem. So with refund I can wash my hands of Petsmart fovever now!

One last update, I cancelled my order from Amazon yesterday as it still hadn't shipped.

So I emailed cbreptile.com and asked if I could bundle a pruchase of the Reptibreeze and a "young started baby Jackson" but if I could only recieve shipment for the enclosure and the animal can ship a week or two later. They responded and said that's their normal policy anyway (duh!) so I ordered it with them today. I already have a UPS tracking number for the enclosure!

Back
Top Bottom