Repti-Breeze medium cage for other species?

CBee7726

Avid Member
Hi All,

So it seems like a lot of people get the Repti-Breeze 16x16x30 cage at first, then find they have to upgrade later on to a larger, more appropriate cage for their cham. With that being said, are there any other lizard species that this size and type of cage would be appropriate for?

Thanks! ?

Hi All,

So it seems like a lot of people get the Repti-Breeze 16x16x30 cage at first, then find they have to upgrade later on to a larger, more appropriate cage for their cham. With that being said, are there any other lizard species that this size and type of cage would be appropriate for?

Thanks! ?
I steadfastly refuse to recommend anything but chameleons...so...Rhampholeon, Brookesia, Bradypodion.

Hi All,

Thanks! ?

You can keep a pair of knight anoles, or a quad of green or brown anoles. Do not mix species.

One male per enclosure rule applies.

I steadfastly refuse to recommend anything but chameleons...so...Rhampholeon, Brookesia, Bradypodion.

OMG I love Pygmy's I think they're so cute. This is a rookie question, but is it ok to keep Pygmies in the same enclosure as dart frogs in a bioactive viv? I assume they wouldn't eat dart frogs because they're small?

You can keep a pair of knight anoles, or a quad of green or brown anoles. Do not mix species.

One male per enclosure rule applies.

Do anole's have the same UVB, humidity & supplement requirements as chams? My impression is they are a relatively low maintenance pet (low maintenance being relative here) but I'm probably mistaken

Do anole's have the same UVB, humidity & supplement requirements as chams? My impression is they are a relatively low maintenance pet (low maintenance being relative here) but I'm probably mistaken

They definitely need the UVB lighting, humidity 50 to 80 is fine, you dont need to tear your hair out trying to maintain an exact percentage.

I supplement mine with calcium and vitamins twice a month. Growing hatchlings get more.

They are a fairly bulletproof animal once they get established. The green and brown anoles are always doing something and will often associate you with food.

The Knight anoles are a bit less active, but make very impressive displays, and also love to be fed.

Anoles get an unfair stigma of being beginners species, but their pet quality in my opinion is very high.

Pics
IMG_20180623_191620.jpg
IMG_20180616_132311.jpg

Wild male brown anole(s).

Last edited:
They definitely need the UVB lighting, humidity 50 to 80 is fine, you dont need to tear your hair out trying to maintain an exact percentage.

I supplement mine with calcium and vitamins twice a month. Growing hatchlings get more.

They are a fairly bulletproof animal once they get established. The green and brown anoles are always doing something and will often associate you with food.

The Knight anoles are a bit less active, but make very impressive displays, and also love to be fed.

Anoles get an unfair stigma of being beginners species, but their pet quality in my opinion is very high.

This sounds fairly straightforward, and very manageable (ie not more complicated than a cham) :) and good to know that this cage doesn't have to go to total waste

This sounds fairly straightforward, and very manageable (ie not more complicated than a cham) :) and good to know that this cage doesn't have to go to total waste

Here is a wild male brown anole that is used to me, he follows me everywhere when I'm in his territory.

I really hope you choose to either get a small group of either Anolis carolinensis, Anolis sagrei or a pair of Anolis equestris.(Green anole, brown anole, and knight anole respectively)

But I'm biased. ;)

Last edited:
Hi All,

Thanks! ?
Many of the arboreal geckos, or other small arboreal lizards.
Just check recommended enclosure sizes and other habitat requirements.

Back
Top Bottom