Repashy Superload

nstd

Established Member
From my understanding superload has more nutrients than bug burger. Is it ok to feed superload daily to my dubia roaches? Is there any reason to feed bug burger as a staple instead?

Rule of thumb: it is preferable to gutload with fresh produce (not commercially available gutloads) as the staple of your feeders' diet.

Check with @Matt Vanilla Gorilla on his gut load. I'm in Fl and not legally allowed dubia but, as I mentioned in another thread, I did experiment a bit with my discoid. My discoid crawl right over bug burger and eat his first then go back to the bug burger if I don't put more of Matt's in the dish. I did the same experiment with fresh veggies and Matt's and got the same result.

As to superload and bug burger specifically, this thread may help.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/bug-burger-vs-superload.158501/

had a chat with A. Repashy. He does not recommend superload to be used on a daily basis because it can cause impaction for the bugs and even death due to the high levels of calcium. Instead he recommends Bug Burger as a staple.

Rule of thumb: it is preferable to gutload with fresh produce (not commercially available gutloads) as the staple of your feeders' diet.

Syre, I agree with you fresh is always better, but its hard to find time to pick and choose a variety of fresh produce to make sure I have all the necessary vitamins and minerals for gut-loading. Having said that, I do throw in pulp from juicing and veggie scrapes for my dubias when I get the chance.

Back
Top Bottom