Repashy loD

Asour89

Established Member
I just got some of this today and I am wondering if I use it every day for my panther in veiled chameleon? I have seen different answers on here, so I figured I just post my own thread about it. I have been using calcium without D3 daily, a multivitamin that was apparently no good , and a calcium with d3 every other wed in rotation.

You can use calcium plus loD at every feeding. It will replace all other supplements. Just ensure that your UVB lighting is correct when using the supplement. :)

I have a t5 ho 5.0 light for each of their cages. I am just constantly reading and researching more about them and I saw that this is a good supplement to help with vitamin a intake. I also heard that it was just better all the way around. I feel like there is an endless amount of research that can be done on ChamaeleonS.

I use it for all my chams (veiled and panthers). I like only having to use one supplement. My guys get a few hours of natural sunshine every week, so I'm not as concerned about the D3 level, but as Beman pointed out you need to ensure you're using the right UVB lights.

I have a t5 ho 5.0 light for each of their cages. I am just constantly reading and researching more about them and I saw that this is a good supplement to help with vitamin a intake. I also heard that it was just better all the way around. I feel like there is an endless amount of research that can be done on ChamaeleonS.
So this is good for the UVB as long as it is a single bulb fixture. Now just make sure your basking is 7-8 inches below the fixture and that the fixture is sitting directly on the cage. And yes you never stop learning lol. Makes it fun though.

RepCal D3+ 400,000 IU/kg
Fluckers Reptacalcium 100,000 IU/lb
Exoterra 14,740 IU/lb
ZooMed ReptiCalcium 22,907 IU/kg
Mineral -indoor 2000ui per kg
Repashy calcium plus LoD 8,000 IU/lb

Looks like Repashy calcium plus LoD is about 20,000 ui/kg

Along with their t5 ho I let them go outside in the am before it gets to hot for about an hour or two. With misting about every 30 mins. I live in MC so the morning sunlight is great, but it just gets too hot here in the afternoons.

I find it hard to believe one supplement can cover for everything, every day, but then again I have nothing to back this up with. We're just going off a companies claims and the fact it hasn't caused any provable damage to an animal. I have it and think it has some use, but I personally wouldn't exchange it for the more conventional methods. I know people that have and they don't seem to have problems though. Just my opinion.

There's no research people/companies will talk and talk, but they have nothing to back any of this up with.

Edit: I don't mean to say this is dangerous, more trying to get across the point that most/all of us are just guessing at reptile nutrition. So to say it's much better than other methods seems strange, better at what? No offense intended, I've just always been a little confused about this supplement and its claims.

Last edited:

Its low dose. One thing is to track the expiration date. The "all in ones" do not last very long due to the vitamins and minerals decaying each other. So you might get 2-3 years out of a can of calcium without D3, but a all in one might expire in 9-12 months.

I find it hard to believe one supplement can cover for everything, every day, but then again I have nothing to back this up with. We're just going off a companies claims and the fact it hasn't caused any provable damage to an animal. I have it and think it has some use, but I personally wouldn't exchange it for the more conventional methods. I know people that have and they don't seem to have problems though. Just my opinion.

There's no research people/companies will talk and talk, but they have nothing to back any of this up with.

Edit: I don't mean to say this is dangerous, more trying to get across the point that most/all of us are just guessing at reptile nutrition. So to say it's much better than other methods seems strange, better at what? No offense intended, I've just always been a little confused about this supplement and its claims.

Mostly, I have heard/read that it was better. From forums and fb pages and such. I like to get a variety of opinions to see which ones agree.

It's your choice, I'm not saying it's wrong, I have no idea. I'm just skeptical of all in one answers to things I guess lol.

I am here for advice... lol, I want them to live as long as I can & be healthy. One of the hardest things I’ve done in my life is keep chameleons & most expensive. I have put too much money into them to fail them now!

This. Really we’re all just guessing in the supplement department. We might have these set in stone schedules we should follow but nobody actually really knows what exact nutrient and vitamin in exact amounts they really need for optimum health. While I do think we need a very well thought out supplement schedule with many vitamins and minerals to keep our chameleon in good health we really don’t know the true science behind this subject.

Back
Top Bottom