Repashy Calcium Plus

RandellTheCham

Established Member
Hi guys ive been told to use repashy calicum plus on everyfeed instead of giving them calcium, d3 and vits is this correct?

I've been using their medium blend for a few years. That is a daily dusting and my Multivitamins are once a week. Different species and individuals will have their own needs but that is a general idea

Yup. But you dont dust every feed with any supplement, its once every 1-2 weeks or every other feeding day etc.

Wow that stuff has 10x more vit A in it than vit D.

I was also looking into this. I posted on another thread about supplement schedule, and asked about a All-In-One supplement, but like any forum, opinions are all over the place making an answer hard to figure out..:eek:.

Yes. I've been doing that for almost a year. SO Much easier.

So you lightly dust every day and that's it, no multivitamin or other supplements?

I've been using their medium blend for a few years. That is a daily dusting and my Multivitamins are once a week. Different species and individuals will have their own needs but that is a general idea

Why do you still use a multivitamin? Does this not include that?

Yup. But you dont dust every feed with any supplement, its once every 1-2 weeks or every other feeding day etc.

Wow that stuff has 10x more vit A in it than vit D.

You confused me. What do you mean "any supplement"? Are you saying that you only do this once every 1-2 weeks or every other feeding? Which one?

You confused me. What do you mean "any supplement"? Are you saying that you only do this once every 1-2 weeks or every other feeding? Which one?

There are several supplement schedules posted. You dont use the same supplement every feeding, so its not calcium every feeding for example. You might be dusting with "something" every feeding as they are growing, but its not the same supplement each feeding.

Have you ever used Repashy's calcium+, the mixture 30% in water?

I was also looking into this. I posted on another thread about supplement schedule, and asked about a All-In-One supplement, but like any forum, opinions are all over the place making an answer hard to figure out..:eek:.

So you lightly dust every day and that's it, no multivitamin or other supplements?

Why do you still use a multivitamin? Does this not include that?

Sorry I have not responded, I have been off the forum for a few weeks! Just been really busy.

There are several ways you can supplement.

The standard that is in the care sheets is with 3 different powders....
1. Calcium with NO D3 daily
2. Calcium With D3 twice a month
3. A multivitamin twice a month
If the multivitamin has D3 in it then you can use that once a week. All lightly dusted and the days you use the D3 or multi vitamin you do not dust with the plain calcium.

Then there is the all in one Rapashy Calcium Plus.
I use this at every feeding lightly dusted during the winter months when they do not get outside time. No other supplements are needed. During the summer when I can get them outside several days a week then I will do.....plain calcium with NO D3 daily and a multivitamin once every other week. The reason is because in the natural sunlight they will produce their own D3.

Sorry I have not responded, I have been off the forum for a few weeks! Just been really busy.

There are several ways you can supplement.

The standard that is in the care sheets is with 3 different powders....
1. Calcium with NO D3 daily
2. Calcium With D3 twice a month
3. A multivitamin twice a month
If the multivitamin has D3 in it then you can use that once a week. All lightly dusted and the days you use the D3 or multi vitamin you do not dust with the plain calcium.

Then there is the all in one Rapashy Calcium Plus.
I use this at every feeding lightly dusted during the winter months when they do not get outside time. No other supplements are needed. During the summer when I can get them outside several days a week then I will do.....plain calcium with NO D3 daily and a multivitamin once every other week. The reason is because in the natural sunlight they will produce their own D3.

Well, going with the Rapashy Calcium Plus daily would make life simpler. :rolleyes: I may need to give that a try. I have been doing the other one for a while now. As long as my baby is getting the vitamins, D3 and calcium he needs, that's what matters to me. The fact its even simpler is a bonus. I believe my breeder uses an all in one. I'll check the care sheets he provided me. He uses Rapashy products as well. My crickets love the Bug Burger. (y)

EDIT, yep he apparently recommends the Calcium Plus as well, I'm getting some today. :D

Nope. It contains everything. Vits, minerals, and low dose calcium w/D3. Even giving at every feeding, they won't overdose.

They should look like they came out of your grandmother's attic.
Of all the things I can do, I manage to screw this one thing up regularly. I've seen the pictures, I know what they look like when they are properly dusted. My kids used to called them "powdered" because they usually look like powdered donuts :cautious: Yes, way too much, they were littler then I don't go to that extreme any more, it's been years.

Maybe my calcium is old and too caked up, because it sometimes comes out like small balls of powder and no matter careful I am I can't seem to manage to make them picture perfect. Maybe it's my process. Sounds stupid I know. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom