Rep-Cal Cricket Shaker

Never used one, but I prefer the design of that DIY shaker that titan501x posted here: http://Cheap Cricket Duster

I like the fact that you can simply separate the two halves, and then tip the crickets into the enclosure/feeder cup, rather than having to use that awkward looking 'bug catching pipe' to get the crickets out of the RepCal one.

Oh, and the DIY one is cheaper... :)

I use to have a different brand crix duster and it sucked. I just get it done with a medium sized critter container and tap out to feeders while containing the supps. I cant really see a use for something else and its obv. pretty easy to clean a critter container then something with parts. To each their own I guess.

-roo

I have that one. It works good for it's purpose. But I never had use for the tube thing. I used to try to catch the crickets with the tube and throw it in the cage. But I found that it was a waste of time. Now I just slide open the little door at the top and shake them out of the cup. I like this one besides the DIY cup because I know it will last longer. The DIY cup works great, but I have a feeling you will have to replace it a couple of times throughout the year. That's the small price you have to pay for the DIY cup. I usually throw some crickets in the feeder cup, with a small carrot, the night before. That way I can just toss them in the cage faster in the morning and go back to sleep.

I made my own and they work great! Take a paper towel tube and rubberband seran wrap over one end, and then cut a whole the same size as the tube's diameter in the top of a cool whip container, poke some cricket-proof size holes in the reamaining area and vioula!

I personally think the plastic bags from any pet store works great. Im not a fan of paying ten dollars for a crickett shaker. The plastic bag does the same job and it's alot cheaper!!!

I use to have a different brand crix duster and it sucked. I just get it done with a medium sized critter container and tap out to feeders while containing the supps. I cant really see a use for something else and its obv. pretty easy to clean a critter container then something with parts. To each their own I guess.

-roo

This is what I do now. I am a spaz though, and regularly dump in Rep-Cal also. My biggest reason for considering one of these shaker things is because I am tired of accidently dusting my brevs. It never seems to fail.. someone is sitting under where I am dumping bugs. I think I will make Titan's contraption and give it a whirl.

Heika

Back
Top Bottom