Rehoming??

PabloTheCham

Chameleon Enthusiast
I was wondering if any of you know how I can rescue a ball python?? I'm not sure how rescuing animals work but I'm interested in adopting a ball python. is there a website or something for this? There were none on craigslist.

I'd join some reptile Facebook groups in your local area. Keep in mind the selling of animals on Facebook is prohibited, so be careful what words you use on FB.

You can look into local herp Society. I have a local one what helps find homes for abandon or surrender reptiles. My local one always has ball pythons on the site

Search around, they are a common reptile, I have one, she is so easy to care for, I call her sweeetchuck because she is so harmless!!

no, but it takes five seconds to make one. just need a bin, heating pad, thermostat, substrate, and two hides. anyway turns out I can't get one. Sorry!

You act like proper versions of that stuff is cheap. Also no, "A Bin" is not going to get it by my standards.

. Also no, "A Bin" is not going to get it by my standards.
They are actually good for many snakes, but they are a very different animal.
But to cyberlocc point you may be rushing a bit. I do not know you maybe you have a room dedicated. It sounds like maybe you are younger, and things are more dependent on your parents. This is not bad been there.
If you are looking for the best experience start with the best environment.

. Also no, "A Bin" is not going to get it by my standards.
They are actually good for many snakes, but they are a very different animal.

Ya I do not buy it. I know people say that, but its the same folks that want to fit 200 snakes in 4 ft of wall space.

The theory "Its less stressful than a large enclosure" Umm they are wild animals. Thats just a lie the snake breeders tell themselves IMO.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1558787818302211

Last edited:
Ya I do not buy it. I know poeple say that, but its the same folks that want to fit 200 snakes in 4 ft of wall space.

The theory "Its less stressful than a large enclosure" Umm they are wild animals. Thats just a lie the snake breeders tell themselves IMO.

To say a bin does not mean small, you still need appropriate size. Yes many breeders keep them in too small a cage, but it doesn't matter what type of cage it is. The plastic bins are good for snakes because they help hold humidity. The standard tank with screen lid is often too dry. I have kept snakes for many years, and oddly some don't eat in larger spaces. I don't really get it either, but I have one like that now.
You are right, most breeders won't look like this. One per cage. The length of the animal should be less than half the perimeter. and we are assuming appropriate height if it is a species that climbs.

Don't be hard on snake breeders, there are good and bad. Keep in mind when I got my veilds the breeder talked me into two because they would be fine in a larger cage :ROFLMAO: .
But on the serious note of "Bad Breeders" If some one at a show seems to have more animal than they can handle. They probably do.
Many are much like puppy mills. I learned my lesson, assuming everybody at the show must be great herpers.
Ask questions, Are they excited about their animal or the sale?

Ya I do not buy it. I know people say that, but its the same folks that want to fit 200 snakes in 4 ft of wall space.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1558787818302211

Good read. and I do agree 100%. This just reinforces it. It is not the type of enclosures but the size. The range I give of less than half the perimeter allows for this full stretch.
But snakes vary wildly, the needs of a kenyan sand boa are far different than that of a rainbow boa. Even at "recommended" size some active species still need more.

Good read. and I do agree 100%. This just reinforces it. It is not the type of enclosures but the size. The range I give of less than half the perimeter allows for this full stretch.
But snakes vary wildly, the needs of a kenyan sand boa are far different than that of a rainbow boa. Even at "recommended" size some active species still need more.

Keep reading it :p.

It's talking about much more, than that :).

Back
Top Bottom