Reggae

Wow. There's another person who likes reggae here? I like the dancehall reggae, lovers rock and older rocksteady and ska over the deeper heavy dub sounds. Check out Tarrus Riley (his 2007 hit "She's Royal" is a beautiful song), Morgan Heritage, Freddie McGregor, Beres Hammond (he puts on a fabulous live show), Dennis Brown, Tony Rebel. Don't forget the pioneers; Toots and the Maytals, Byron Lee, The Ethiopians, Jimmy Cliff, Desmond Decker. Even some of the 80's revival ska is fun: The Specials, English Beat, Madness. Of course you can always branch out into other Caribbean genres like soca and calypso as Trinidad carnival is next week.

Big up yourself!

awesome! i love mcGregor, Brown, Toots, Desmond and the specials!!!! im gonna have to check out all this other good stuff!!!! have you ever heard The Scientist??? i highly advise checking them out if your into dub, Gregory Issacs also has some awesome stuff!!! but im gonna do download some music!! Thanks Trace!!:D

another reggae band i like is the expendables. and another ska band is slapstick. if you download for free check them out.

i use azureus. ha!!! i love the expendables!!! i actually lived in Santa Cruz about a block away from where a few of the members stay, saw them a bunch at this venue there called the catalyst...slapstick?? alright ill check it out, thanks man!:)

yea its mostly a person to person network.
i havent had any viruses from that but i have gotten stuff from bit commet and all that. the thing i like best about soulseek is that if you find someone who likes a few of the same bands you like then they can get you into different stuff you never heard of and all that. its cool because its like browsing peoples itunes library and choosing what you want to download.

you can get a lot of other things on there bust its mostly heavy on music.
ive gotten so many comics off of it tho too.
once you get it let me know what your name is and we can swap stuff sometime.

reggae be ire

Wow. There's another person who likes reggae here? I like the dancehall reggae, lovers rock and older rocksteady and ska over the deeper heavy dub sounds. Check out Tarrus Riley (his 2007 hit "She's Royal" is a beautiful song), Morgan Heritage, Freddie McGregor, Beres Hammond (he puts on a fabulous live show), Dennis Brown, Tony Rebel. Don't forget the pioneers; Toots and the Maytals, Byron Lee, The Ethiopians, Jimmy Cliff, Desmond Decker. Even some of the 80's revival ska is fun: The Specials, English Beat, Madness. Of course you can always branch out into other Caribbean genres like soca and calypso as Trinidad carnival is next week.

Big up yourself!

its hard to add to that Trace... I still love the classics such a Bob Marley, and Peter Tosh etc....

Praise be to Jah!

Todd

Back
Top Bottom