Refuse to eat!!

Libren470

so i have two veiled chams that are 6 months old now and after feeding them strickly crickets for 4 months...well now they both refuse to eat crickets. So then i try mealworms which they like, but much to small for their size. Now i know if there starving..theyll eat regardless, but my one veiled wont eat nothing which im really concerned about because he hasnt ate in almost 5 days.
Anyone know the reasoning for this and if theirs another option i can try. Thanks

Last edited:
Alot of people have issues with their chameleons not liking crickets at some point, myself being one. I just resorted to other feeders like, superworms, silksworms, hornworms and he is eating fine. I periodically reintroduce crickets but he just will not eat them. If you are going to offer other feeder, I would try and stay away from mealworms or use them in moderation as they are not the best feeder choice. Just try introducing some other feeders and see what happens.

yeah ..

Alot of people have issues with their chameleons not liking crickets at some point, myself being one. I just resorted to other feeders like, superworms, silksworms, hornworms and he is eating fine. I periodically reintroduce crickets but he just will not eat them. If you are going to offer other feeder, I would try and stay away from mealworms or use them in moderation as they are not the best feeder choice. Just try introducing some other feeders and see what happens.

im pretty much going with superworms now. but they dont sell hornworms anywhere locally around me. i coat them with calcium usually.

flies!!! :)

try flies... any flies... mine wudnt eat 4 a while but went running 4 a fly... was sooo happy... :) never been so happy about the death of a fly! :) good luck!!!!!!

Libren470...the season is getting cooler and the days are getting shorter so you will likely find that the cage is cooler. This naturally slows the metabolism. Is your basking area in the low to mid 80's?

im pretty much going with superworms now. but they dont sell hornworms anywhere locally around me. i coat them with calcium usually.
Try mulberry farms for hornworms. I also live in NY and i receive them in a couple of days on average. Hornworms get big fast so make sure you don't wait to feed them to your cham. My cham who is actually rather small is able to tackle small-medium sized worms.

Back
Top Bottom