Refrigerate Hornworms?

Gensen

My question is can you? I have some and they are big and I'm all out of Hornworm food... so I was wondering can I refrigerate them or will it just kill them off? I have too many to just feed off right now... I even gave some away todayand still have more than I want! This was the first time I ever ordered them and man o' day they grow fast!!! :eek:

I manage a private pet store, and our supplier of feeders told me to refrigerate them, to slow down growth. Sometimes this works great for me, last time after I took them out of the fridge, they started to turn black and died off. I may have left them in there for too long, 1 week this time. I do know it takes awhile for them to warm up and get active again, and I always worry about giving my cham a brain freeze, so I wait literally hours before feeding.

also once they run out of food they will become cannibalistic and eat each other so that will solve your problem of trying to get rid of them :D

Oh boy!

also once they run out of food they will become cannibalistic and eat each other so that will solve your problem of trying to get rid of them :D

Well they are extremely hungry and devour things rapidly so who knows like you said maybe they will be food for each other until I can feed them off! Yikes!

Worth a try....

I manage a private pet store, and our supplier of feeders told me to refrigerate them, to slow down growth. Sometimes this works great for me, last time after I took them out of the fridge, they started to turn black and died off. I may have left them in there for too long, 1 week this time. I do know it takes awhile for them to warm up and get active again, and I always worry about giving my cham a brain freeze, so I wait literally hours before feeding.

I gues at this point it is worth a try to salvage some of them if I can otherwise I suppose they will die or eat each other until I could feed them off.... so I guess you could say it's a win win... or a die die situation! lol. :D

refriderate every other day it slows them down....check out lindasgonebuggie website. It's where I get mine. Please if you post a reply to a thread that you do you're research first, You can refiderate hornworms every other day and it slows their growth down....

Back
Top Bottom