Redid my blue Ambanjas cage today ...

& I want to know what you all think . Is there too much vegetation (if that's even a thing) ? I had a braided ficus in there and a hibiscus bush (hibiscus didn't do so well) lol. My ficus recently dropped some leaves so I'm gonna put it outside and hope mother nature brings it back to life . I put a cat palm , braided money tree, & a schefflera that was already in there . Please don't hold back because I can always adjust things in his cage tomorrow :)
20220329_164947.jpg
20220329_165606.jpg

Hey just wanted to add that your plants look amazing now, but will definitely need some high strength 6500k lights to stay looking that good. I didn't see what you have on the top of cage but if you only have UVB and heat you WILL need more light for plants. Awesome setup!

.... Is there too much vegetation (if that's even a thing) ?
Not in my book. ;)

I had a braided ficus in there and a hibiscus bush (hibiscus didn't do so well) lol. My ficus recently dropped some leaves so I'm gonna put it outside and hope mother nature brings it back to life .
Watch it carefully. I had one of those, and it turned out it had parasites that were difficult to detect.
They killed the plant, but I kept the braided trunks to use as branches.

If your cham gets around fine on the plants, IDT you necessarily need more branches.
Personal opinion: Less branches can be "enrichment"—incentivizing them to figure out how to get from point A to point B.

First off wanna say THANK YOU to everyone who commented !! I got busy last night and after spending few hours on the cage I went straight to 😴 so sorry lol.

Love me some Ambanja's! Blue with red what's not to love?
Ugh I can't get enough ! Mine went through a winter funk but im hoping his colors come back out more . Blue and red 😍
Hey just wanted to add that your plants look amazing now, but will definitely need some high strength 6500k lights to stay looking that good. I didn't see what you have on the top of cage but if you only have UVB and heat you WILL need more light for plants. Awesome setup!
Thanks for the plant compliments but cant take full credit 😏. The 2 in the back were just bought 😂. So I have a Jungle Dawn on top but been meaning to switch to Sansi's. Believe that was the reason my hibiscus didn't do to well honestly (maybe not watering enough too) .
Not in my book. ;)

Watch it carefully. I had one of those, and it turned out it had parasites that were difficult to detect.
They killed the plant, but I kept the braided trunks to use as branches.

If your cham gets around fine on the plants, IDT you necessarily need more branches.
Personal opinion: Less branches can be "enrichment"—incentivizing them to figure out how to get from point A to point B.
Dang what kind of parasites ? Good to know . Not really sure why it decided to drop most of its leaves lately... was doing awesome 😏awesome. I will say there are some hidden branches going through some of the denser foliage but not sure how often they will be used . I often think of Madagascar photos and vids I've seen and seems to be very dense foliage etc where a panther will be chilling or close by.

Thanks for the plant compliments but cant take full credit 😏. The 2 in the back were just bought 😂. So I have a Jungle Dawn on top but been meaning to switch to Sansi's. Believe that was the reason my hibiscus didn't do to well honestly (maybe not watering enough too) .
Hibiscus need full sun, so either hang near the top, or get mondo plant lights a bat could see. :p

Dang what kind of parasites ? Good to know .
Little tiny ones (which is how they went unnoticed). It was a while ago, so I can't remember if they were mealybugs or scales. They hid on the bottoms of the leaves, and left dirt I thought was chameleon dirt that got repeatedly misted. Didn't see them until they were visible on stems, and by then it was too late.

Probably best to familiarize with pics:
https://www.google.com/search?q=fic...HQi1BoMQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1024&bih=625&dpr=1

Not really sure why it decided to drop most of its leaves lately... was doing awesome 😏awesome. I will say there are some hidden branches going through some of the denser foliage but not sure how often they will be used . I often think of Madagascar photos and vids I've seen and seems to be very dense foliage etc where a panther will be chilling or close by.
IME (had them before) ficus can be very temperamental.

I'm all for foliage, but I've noticed the denser it is, the less he depends on branches.
There are no branches on my Missus plant table, but that doesn't stop Ol' Mr. GrumpyPants from getting anywhere he wants to go! :)

Back
Top Bottom