Reddit Rant

I don’t go on reddit for chameleons- but I do use it for axolotls and aquarium stuff. I will look at the chameleon subreddit occasionally just to see the nonsense being spread. Helping someone with their cham is basically forbidden if you’re not a mod- or follow whatever the mod does. Someones cham had some eye problems, and I asked what supplements and uvb they were using- come to find out, they’re using their multivitamin once a month. I SUGGESTED to do the multivitamin twice a month, rather than once. But nope! That’s wrong in reddits eyes! Got shut down immediately by a mod saying dusting with d3 and multivitamin once a month is fine too. So insanely frustrating. I hope people who are new owners or people doing research do not use reddit as their only source of information. Just needed to rant :p

it’s the same with other Reddit communities sadly, some are nice but most are not about different ideas/opinions. While looking on the chameleon sub for nice photos yesterday I just kept coming across sick chameleons with wrong setups and everything… it’s pretty sad going there so I don’t do it often

I don’t go on reddit for chameleons- but I do use it for axolotls and aquarium stuff. I will look at the chameleon subreddit occasionally just to see the nonsense being spread. Helping someone with their cham is basically forbidden if you’re not a mod- or follow whatever the mod does. Someones cham had some eye problems, and I asked what supplements and uvb they were using- come to find out, they’re using their multivitamin once a month. I SUGGESTED to do the multivitamin twice a month, rather than once. But nope! That’s wrong in reddits eyes! Got shut down immediately by a mod saying dusting with d3 and multivitamin once a month is fine too. So insanely frustrating. I hope people who are new owners or people doing research do not use reddit as their only source of information. Just needed to rant :p
Well, they sound lovely... Obviously they are the experts and we are the dummies. All I can think about now is that one scene from Matilda from Wormwood. "I'm smart, your dumb, I'm big, and your little." :ROFLMAO:Honestly, I can't even go on there for multiple reasons, and that is one of them.

Back
Top Bottom