Red tail boa

wst0209a

Does anyone live in Maryland with any red tail boas? I have one but I don't know whether it is a male or a female. I eventually would like to have a pair and breed them but I am not sure what I need to get (male or female). If anyone lives in Maryland that could give me a hand figuring it out or has boas that they are selling let me know. Thanks.

I just obtained a red tail boa. I dont know the locale though. He was given to my singer from a lady who didnt take a great deal of care because it was her husbands. He is a little skittish but friendly. Also has some rat bite scars but besides that he is a beauty. I live near Hagerstown and would def like to see what we both have and take it from there. Also what type of chams do you own. I have some ambilobes and hatchlings on the way I hope soon.

LinkinPark..:
I have never probed a snake before so I wouldn't be confident in doing it. I saw the vet do it once to my old snake but I have never actually attempted to do it. I would never try it unless I had someone show me the correct way.

cainschams:
I keep veiled chameleons: https://www.chameleonforums.com/all-40-hatched-100-a-10832/. Do you know how to sex snakes? Is your boa a male or female?

Congrats on your success. Where at in Maryland are you and Maybe we can do some trading chams or something of that nature. My ambilobes should be hatching with in 2 months I hope. I dont know how to sex a snake. But I do need to take him to a vet to make sure he is in good healthso I can see if they will do it. . Like I said the lady didnt care for him to much. She would just throw a rat in there and if he didnt eat it she would leave it in there to chew on him:mad:. I do want to get into snakes and red tails are my fav. I still need to do some more research on them though. I am sure he is better right now than with that lady though. Isnt therre different locales like the columbian red tail and so on? Anyway any info you can give me would be much appreciated although I dont really think there is much to keeping a snake at least after keeping chams. I spray to keep humidity up and feed every week and a half or so. I do want to get him a nice set up. I know they are arboreal and love to climb. For now I take him out side to climb around. PM me with a number and we can talk about this easier. Thanks, Cain.

Back
Top Bottom