Red Runner roaches

Kamran_k

Established Member
Hello Everyone,

I hope all Is well with all of you guys and your families during this time and I hope your Chameleons are all okay too. I recently stocked up on Essentials for my animals so I don't have to leave the house as much as I live with my grandparents and don't want them getting sick. I recently bought Red Runner roaches for my Pac-Man frog because he loves them but I was curious if I can use them for my Cham? I heard horror stories of infestations and stuff occurring is any of this viable? My Jacksons Cham is not too fond of dubias but I like to introduce him to new foods. Are Red Runners nutritious? I gutloaded them with carrots.

Nutrition between various roaches is not documented, and the general thought is that if your roaches are fed a good protein-based gut load, in addition to fruits and vegetables for hydration and vitamins, you are providing quality food for your chameleon. Carrots are not a gut load...
Red Runners move fast, so the chameleon will strike more frequently than Dubia roaches.

Red Runners are a roach you need a gasket seal container, Sterlite makes them (you can buy at Target), the nymphs are tiny. They have gotten loose in my house as I had 5-10 thousand at a time, they seem to die off about the same time as Dubias who get free. Not an infester IMHO.

CHEERS!

Nick

Look at the gut load ingredients on my webpage, fullthrottlefeeders.com to get an idea to make your own if you want.

CHEERS!

Nick

I actually almost made a post about red runners yesterday. They have been one of the only feeders that can get my parsons to cup feed. He loves them enough that he will immediately shoot for them when I hold the cup under him. That is a rare thing for him.

Back
Top Bottom