Red bump almost like a pimple on face area

thewise21

I have an older ambanja that I rescued. He is doing fine with eating and everything. He developed this red bump on his upper lip that almost resemble a pimple. It almost looked like guts from a hornworm dried up or something like that. I tried using warm water and a a tip but no luck. His mouth has been messed up since hatching and inside looks great. Just not sure what this thing is but it doesn’t seem to bother him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 66
It kinda just showed up but it’s been a little while. Thought it may go when he shedded but didn’t. It doesn’t seem to bother him. He eats and his supps temps humidity all good.

It’s weird it’s like hanging from one ot two scales on his upper lip. Maybe he got bit by hornworm are something but it looks angry after messing with it. Going to make a vet visit
It looks to be some sort of growth. Perhaps it started inside his mouth and then as it became larger, started to protrude. Definitely something to have checked by a vet.
Chewy aka I call him chew choo has made a vet visit and is there now waiting to remove that growth. OMG prayers never realized how attached I am to this little guy. I am nervous all goes well. She told me it is a weird growth that inside his mouth looked good that is upper bone is missing around his birth defect and the bone looks discolored that it may be from that but not sure what exactly it is. Just want my lil blue buddy back minus the growth

Good luck!
All went well! Chew choo ate this morning and is free ranging as we speak. Sooo free lil buddy has cost me some money lol His personality is priceless though especially for a chameleon I mean the lil dude has so much trust and no fear

Back
Top Bottom