Red bar or blue bar

DaveF

Can anyone tell me if my 4 month old is a red bar or a blue bar please as was told its a red bar when I brought him
20210320_151049.jpg

Last edited:
Going to vote blue bar. I will say my panther is about 2.5 and just shed and is showing completely different colors than ever before going to agree with @Ambilobe123 above in color will change over time. I just looked at photos from when I got him to more recent and it's shocking.

Still too young to really tell, my guy is the opposite, had red bar that turned to blue. He's about 8/9 mo and he still getting more colors in, the blue bars are coming in more and more. Time will tell

So at what age would he be showing his true colours or can he just suddenly change at any time

For reference here is my boy 2 years ago vs today

Attachments

• IMG_20210321_112758_099.jpg
    IMG_20210321_112758_099.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20210321_112753_924.jpg
    IMG_20210321_112753_924.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 106
Amazing aint it how much they actually change
Not that I put much stock in them looking like a sire or dame but did you get to know the family tree or get info from breeder / seller?
He's looking beautiful so I wouldn't be worried one way or the other but I noticed the blue bars and that's the only thing that's been constant for my guys colors.

Even in the past 3 months he went from only having a little red and orange in armpit and gular area and really being a green and blue color scheme that I loved and now to showing full blow yellows and orange during the days 🤩Amazing creatures. I thought he was going to be red like his sire (I know a keeper with his brother and he's solid red)

Not that I put much stock in them looking like a sire or dame but did you get to know the family tree or get info from breeder / seller?
He's looking beautiful so I wouldn't be worried one way or the other but I noticed the blue bars and that's the only thing that's been constant for my guys colors.

Even in the past 3 months he went from only having a little red and orange in armpit and gular area and really being a green and blue color scheme that I loved and now to showing full blow yellows and orange during the days 🤩Amazing creatures. I thought he was going to be red like his sire (I know a keeper with his brother and he's solid red)
No he was brought from pet store close to home I did try to get intouch with a few breeders what I looked at on the net but none got back intouch with Me after a few weeks of waiting. He's very good looking in my eyes so I'm not to fussed if it's red bar or blue bar after looking into it abit more they are both good colour combos

Yeah keep us posted with some pictures as he settles in. I noticed the use of a full spectrum led light really got my guys color to pop and was clutch for my plants. Might be worth looking into down the line. Some users had recommend the sansi lights I was a skeptic for too long. as with pump misters and they have paid off 10 fold. 👍

Yeah keep us posted with some pictures as he settles in. I noticed the use of a full spectrum led light really got my guys color to pop and was clutch for my plants. Might be worth looking into down the line. Some users had recommend the sansi lights I was a skeptic for too long. as with pump misters and they have paid off 10 fold. 👍
Ill have to look into that led light but I am using a monsoon mister for him jus after a few more plants to put into his new and bigger enclosure in the next few week

Ill have to look into that led light but I am using a monsoon mister for him jus after a few more plants to put into his new and bigger enclosure in the next few week
Your doing well ! The Misting system makes life easy I've started to hand mist more since I'm home more. I'm lucky enough to be able to go outside with him some days and the pump mister makes "rain showers" easy. I set up a free range Schefflera amate that he loves and it saves me the drainage and soil issues of running the mist king for 5 mins at a time. This https://www.sansiled.com/70w-led-grow-light-full-spectrum.html was the best 60 dollars I've spent in a long time. I can notice plant growth from everything in the room after running it.

Back
Top Bottom