Red Ackie Monitors

Norcal55

Avid Member
Some new additions have arrived. After searching high and low for a LONG time I found some fantastic Ackie Monitors from Rare Earth.
This pair is 10 months old and with any luck we could get our first Monitor eggs soon :)

Very nice! One of, if not the best monitor species to keep in captivity, imo.
I used to breed a few different dwarf Varanid species myself a few years ago. And along with storri, ackies were my favourites.

I've always wanted a monitor! awesome man

Thanks my friend! I love my Chameleons but these Ackies have been amazing. They are so much fun to watch I love to watch them chase bugs and eat.
With any luck I should get some eggs soon.
I am sure the female has already dropped a clutch somewhere deep in the dirt but I have not anted to disturb them while they are settling in.
They just started coming out more often when I'm in the room.

Jason

Thanks my friend! I love my Chameleons but these Ackies have been amazing. They are so much fun to watch I love to watch them chase bugs and eat.
With any luck I should get some eggs soon.
I am sure the female has already dropped a clutch somewhere deep in the dirt but I have not anted to disturb them while they are settling in.
They just started coming out more often when I'm in the room.

Jason

Woww Varanidae another great family of reptiles to keep other than chameleons. Ackies are high on my list to keep along with a couple other species. If I ever have the space to build a room size enclosure. Good luck with them and producing eggs.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Update on a few of the Ackies. I was finally able to witness breeding activity a few days ago and am extatic about that!

The first pic is a little action in the tunnel of love and the second pic is a younger Ackie that I am hoping is female :)

uploadfromtaptalk1431810553582.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1431810565924.jpg

Woww Varanidae another great family of reptiles to keep other than chameleons. Ackies are high on my list to keep along with a couple other species. If I ever have the space to build a room size enclosure. Good luck with them and producing eggs.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I've yearned after Kimberly rock monitors for years. But bank account is too small, house is too cold. Poor little things would spend their whole life crouched under a lamp.

Back
Top Bottom