Recommended Multivitamins

SorSor24

I already have Calcium with D3 and without D3 and was wondering what the best Multivitamin/Vitamin A supplement to get my recently purchased Veiled Chameleon. I have seen several different opinions on which to buy and would like to know which type is the best.

There are a bunch of different strategies, none of which is scientifically proven to be the best. Different species have different needs and different feeders require different supplements. It also matters what you are gut loading with. There are a lot of factors. The main reason we supplement with calcium daily is because crickets are high in phosphorus. And we want to achieve the right ratio for healthy bones. Many species of chameleons eat a lot of pollinators in the wild, so many people supplement with bee pollen as well. Vitamin A is key to eye and skin health, and chameleons cannot metabolize beta carotene into pre-formed A like we can (avoid anything with just beta carotene and no A).

I have been using the Arcadia Earthpro products (Earthpro-A, Earthpro-Cal/mg and RevitalizeD) for 4 generations of panther chameleons, which are often supplemented the same way Veiled Chameleons are. It has allowed me to get better hatch rates, produce very healthy offspring and well-calcified eggs. I haven't had any supplementation-related illness aside from a few gular edemas in females pre-lay periods.

There are a bunch of different strategies, none of which is scientifically proven to be the best. Different species have different needs and different feeders require different supplements. It also matters what you are gut loading with. There are a lot of factors. The main reason we supplement with calcium daily is because crickets are high in phosphorus. And we want to achieve the right ratio for healthy bones. Many species of chameleons eat a lot of pollinators in the wild, so many people supplement with bee pollen as well. Vitamin A is key to eye and skin health, and chameleons cannot metabolize beta carotene into pre-formed A like we can (avoid anything with just beta carotene and no A).

I have been using the Arcadia Earthpro products (Earthpro-A, Earthpro-Cal/mg and RevitalizeD) for 4 generations of panther chameleons, which are often supplemented the same way Veiled Chameleons are. It has allowed me to get better hatch rates, produce very healthy offspring and well-calcified eggs. I haven't had any supplementation-related illness aside from a few gular edemas in females pre-lay periods.

Ordering the Earthpro-A says that it will take until the 17th to show up on Amazon, will my Cham be okay until then? Or should I try to find something similar at a pet store?

Ordering the Earthpro-A says that it will take until the 17th to show up on Amazon, will my Cham be okay until then? Or should I try to find something similar at a pet store?
You can get some plain calcium and repashy calcium plus LoD for the interim - give the calcium at every feeding and Repashy twice a month.

Okay just ordered some Arcadia EarthPro-A that will be here in 2 days, thank you!
So this one does not have vitamin A hun. This is your calcium without D and has a bunch of water soluble vitamins in it. You need the Revitalise D3 as well. That one is D3 and vitamin A.

EP-A would be used at every feeding then two times a month you would use the Revitalise D3 (every other week).

Keep in mind your UVB lighting needs to be correct and on point because this supplement is designed to work best with the correct lighting set up.

So this one does not have vitamin A hun. This is your calcium without D and has a bunch of water soluble vitamins in it. You need the Revitalise D3 as well. That one is D3 and vitamin A.

EP-A would be used at every feeding then two times a month you would use the Revitalise D3 (every other week).

Keep in mind your UVB lighting needs to be correct and on point because this supplement is designed to work best with the correct lighting set up.
Okay looking for Revitalise D3 online to buy and use, and right now I don't have the best lighting I only have a small UVB bulb but I have a T-5 terrarium hood showing up in a couple of days.

Okay looking for Revitalise D3 online to buy and use, and right now I don't have the best lighting I only have a small UVB bulb but I have a T-5 terrarium hood showing up in a couple of days.
What t5HO did you buy? with what bulb strength? The compact bulbs are quite awful and chams that have them almost always have MBD.

What t5HO did you buy? with what bulb strength? The compact bulbs are quite awful and chams that have them almost always have MBD.
I bought the Zoo Med Reptisun T5-Ho Terrarium Hood - 14", Black off amazon and it comes with a Reptisun 5.0 UVB T5 HO Linear Fluorescent Lamp

I bought the Zoo Med Reptisun T5-Ho Terrarium Hood - 14", Black off amazon and it comes with a Reptisun 5.0 UVB T5 HO Linear Fluorescent Lamp
The 14 inch is going to be very small. The bulb size is only 12 inches. You really want to cover the full width of the enclosure. It is an upgrade from the compact lighting but will eventually need to be replaced with a larger fixture.
Your going to want to have the branch below the uvb sit 8-9 inches with this fixture and bulb to make sure the UVB level is correct at basking.

The 14 inch is going to be very small. The bulb size is only 12 inches. You really want to cover the full width of the enclosure. It is an upgrade from the compact lighting but will eventually need to be replaced with a larger fixture.
Your going to want to have the branch below the uvb sit 8-9 inches with this fixture and bulb to make sure the UVB level is correct at basking.
I couldn't find any Light fixtures that were 16 inches long to cover the full length on amazon so I ordered the 14 inch hood for now until I can get a bigger one. Will this be okay or should I look for a bigger one somewhere else online, and if so where would you recommend?

I couldn't find any Light fixtures that were 16 inches long to cover the full length on amazon so I ordered the 14 inch hood for now until I can get a bigger one. Will this be okay or should I look for a bigger one somewhere else online, and if so where would you recommend?
This is better then the compact... How old is your chameleon?

I would love to. :) And if you have pics of the back of the feet we can tell you what gender baby is.
cham.jpg
cage.jpg

I believe you have a little boy but to confirm try to get a pic from the side with baby gripping a branch.

So there is a lot you will want to change on your set up. All the bark needs to come out. It is an impaction risk and will just grow bacteria and mold.

All fake plants you will want to remove. You can hook them to the outside if you would like to add coverage but inside they are a risk because veileds eat their plants.

You can get that live plant higher in the cage by flipping a pot upside down and putting the plant on that.

Looks like one of the vines is the exo terra jungle vine... If it is it would have like a black sand texture to it. This one would need to be removed. They are dangerous for their eyes if they rub their face on them.

This is an excellent link on all the basics. And it walks you through everything including cage set up. :)
https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Back
Top Bottom