Recommendations for New UVB Fixture?

rcc760

Hi all,

Up until now, I've been using the double dome fixture for Charlie's UVB and basking lights, and I know they're definitely not recommended. I'm looking to switch to a linear UVB fixture as I always see those are better. My current cage is 16X16X30, so I'm looking for something compatible with that, hopefully not much larger. Any recommendations? I'm not too worried about price right now, as long as it's not too extravagant. Charlie definitely deserves what's best for her. We just got her the Mist King system, so lights are next.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks! See, I've checked out Light Your Reptiles, but it seems like all their fixtures are quite long. I was hoping for something a little shorter.

I realize you mentioned you wanted something shorter; however, as you upgrade your enclosures eventually you're going to want it longer in length! Exactly like what @RJChamers said.

I realize you mentioned you wanted something shorter; however, as you upgrade your enclosures eventually you're going to want it longer in length! Exactly like what @RJChamers said.

Gotcha, I wasn’t thinking about the future! She’s still pretty small and sometimes I forget that eventually she will be getting a larger enclosure! Thank you!

Hi all,

Up until now, I've been using the double dome fixture for Charlie's UVB and basking lights, and I know they're definitely not recommended. I'm looking to switch to a linear UVB fixture as I always see those are better. My current cage is 16X16X30, so I'm looking for something compatible with that, hopefully not much larger. Any recommendations? I'm not too worried about price right now, as long as it's not too extravagant. Charlie definitely deserves what's best for her. We just got her the Mist King system, so lights are next.

Thanks everyone!
If you got the money go for a t8 arcadia 10.0 or 12.0 or go for a uv flood bh arcadia. Awsome lights 12month life too so less replacement and they dont harm your animals eyes. Only thing i use. Uv floods are a bit more expensive but are amazing. They can be expensive though. Especially if you live over the pond.

Back
Top Bottom